Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

should I buy GLACIER III??

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should I buy GLACIER III??

Looking to get a plow for my 07sp800x2. I have been searching the site but can't find anything about the III. I was looking at Warn but they don't make a mount for this app. How long has the III been out? Thanks

Old 12-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

Thinking this is the first winter for them. I think you should buy one, test it out and then let us know how they are.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

If you do buy one make sure that you get the right mount for it. I tried buying one for my 07 800 back in November and according to the dealers book they said it would fit...well got it home and the mount didnt fit, took it back to the dealer and they said it should fit so i showed them it didnt...they called polaris and they said that they new that it didnt fit that style and they were working on making another mount and they didnt think that it would be available till mid January.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ND_Rider
If you do buy one make sure that you get the right mount for it. I tried buying one for my 07 800 back in November and according to the dealers book they said it would fit...well got it home and the mount didnt fit, took it back to the dealer and they said it should fit so i showed them it didnt...they called polaris and they said that they new that it didnt fit that style and they were working on making another mount and they didnt think that it would be available till mid January.
I know you didn't get a chance to try it out, but how did the set up look strength wise? From the pictures I have seen it looks like a bunch stronger than the G2. The trouble is you can't tell a whole lot from the pic's.

Sure would like to get a report from someone who has beat on one for a while.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

It did look stronger. The mounting plate was bigger and went further back than the G2 more towards the middle. But it didnt look like that you would be able to lift the blade as high as you can with the G2...not positive because never got it on. But with anything that comes out the first year there is always going to be some kind of problem.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Range Rover

i have the G3 much stronger then G2 i bent two frames last year so i went with G3 and so far its great

Old 12-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rr-john
i have the G3 much stronger then G2 i bent two frames last year so i went with G3 and so far its great
I have a G2 and so far no poblems. If you could explain what bent and what cased it to bend, I'd appreciate it, as I am keeping an eye on mine.

I remember last year someone posted pictures of the mount that he reinforced, Did you see that picture and do you think it would prevent the problems you had?

Were all your problems just with only the mount or did other parts bend?

Old 12-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Range Rover

the first that went was the mount under the machine it folded in half. so i picked up a new one put two strips of metal angle under the mount everything went great then the frame bent from pushing snow into a pile i didnt hit anything just snow so did that twice and then i was done with that set up .

Old 12-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, I appreciate the information. It sounds like you did everything right, just a weak system all the way around. I will have to be carefull with mine.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Range Rover

When I asked my ddealer about the III. He said the only complaint so far was that it diesnt raise high enough

Quick Reply: should I buy GLACIER III??