Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Starting a Atv Club in Los Angeles Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rikky Bobby
......... I wanted to start a club. My questions our as followed:

1. Should I make it exclusive to just Atv. (please keep in mind that Im starting it not for financial benefit but to ride and race with other riders that own the same machine) Thanks guys!
Jason,

Just playing devil's here... Usually clubs are based out of the location where one rides and where the trails are. Is there a lot of good ATV trails in LA? If it's more social to get folks together in the LA area that makes a lot of sense.

You asked if you should make it exclusive to ATV.....I say no. If you combine your efforts with the UTV guys out there you might be able to get a good group of offroaders going. It seems kind of narrow to base it all around just people that have the same machine. And how many of those limited people are going to care, or want to be involved with racing? Sounds like it's narrowed down to maybe 20 people. Then you need to find those 20 people and figure out a time you can all get together. I'd think about it some more before you commit any cash to the matter.

What does the state of CA offer for club support for ATVs / UTVs? My state of Maine matches some funds and helps with bridges and trail cutting, etc. It's an organized deal here and one has to apply for acceptance. Something to think about. Not trying to dampen your spirit on this......

Old 01-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rikky Bobby
Thank you very much for your comments. I made a mistake by not explaining "same machine". What I meant by same machine is "quad". As for location LA is centralized. SoCal is pretty large and I would like to have meeting in different areas so more members can attend. As for trails 90 % of the time you have to travel at least 1 hour out of the city to ride unless its a track. I dont want to start a club to socialize nessasarily. I want to be able to start a club to setup events for all members to attend and ride together. Weather its a poker run or just a day ride a club would be a good place where people can join and be apart of the atv community. I appreciate your input and if you have anything else to add please do so.

Bests
Yeah, that sounds good. I'd post a bunch of fliers in the local dealerships and advertise for free on Craigslist. I know there's a lot of people that would like to find somebody cool to ride with and be shown new areas and nice trails. LA is pretty impersonal from what I've found. A club to organize rides sounds like a great idea. Free beer is all you'd need to put on your flier

Old 01-16-2011, 05:47 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

maybe you should post this in the club section if you haven't already. good luck.