ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   Rear cargo seat comfort? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/335283-rear-cargo-seat-comfort.html)

cyberhedz 03-01-2011 12:33 PM

Rear cargo seat comfort?

Hey guys, I know this is a opinion based question but I could use some help. I'm trying to pick out a rear cargo box/seat for my new toy and i'm stuck between two options. 1. wes deluxe L&R cargo box, 2. mad dog cargo bag & polaris cargo rack extender.

I really like the wes box from the picture, but its so pricey I wanted to know if it was worth it, comfort, durability, quality, etc. my father-in-law has the cargo bag and it felt pretty much like a bleacher pad at a sports game imo. For double the price, its hard to decide.

bentarrow 03-01-2011 03:59 PM

I don't know about the 2 you posted or the price you want to pay but we have a Kimpex Deluxe seat and cargo box on the 850 that is great for comfort with lots of storage room, well built with a brake light and padded arm rests.

Bobby002 03-01-2011 04:12 PM

Kimpex Deluxe seat will work well for the polaris xp touring and porvide enough comfortable for a passenger

cyberhedz 03-01-2011 06:08 PM

you guys have a picture or link of it on the XP? and I'm not using a touring, i'm on the standard 1up model

bentarrow 03-01-2011 10:39 PM

I need to start downloading pictures, none yet but the Kimpex Deluxe fits great on our 1 up 850, leaves plenty of room on the quad seat and a good seat for the 2nd rider. I bought the 11 inch tall plastic foot pegs for the wifes feet and bolted them to the floorboards. We ride for hours in Utah with no complaints.

cyberhedz 03-02-2011 05:13 AM

it sounds like the kimpex is a lot like the wes that I'm looking at, here is a link to it on the XP, and I'll go ahead and link the bag I'm looking at as well.
HEY! Looking for A Wes Rear Box for your Sportsman or Sportsman XP?

Cabela's: Mad Dog® Pro Series Utility Rear Rack Bag

beergut 03-02-2011 07:17 AM

I know it's not one of the few you were looking at- but tamarack makes some real nice boxes and they have the best customer service I've ever delt with.
I bought a nice 2-up seat from them for my wife- had heated hand grips, heated seat and a 3rd brake light- they also have a real nic one with builtin speakers and Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  dock-

Tamarack ATV Accessories - Quality ATV Boxes and Bags

JCDEYO25 03-02-2011 08:00 AM

I have the Mad Dog one on my '05...Very happy with it...

John

bentarrow 03-02-2011 11:12 AM

The picture of the Wes open looks like it may be built stronger than my Kimpex for the same price but if I roll over it may not make a difference. Kimpex has a solid backrest, Wes opens, don't know if that makes any real difference.

cyberhedz 03-02-2011 11:13 AM

Thanks for the link beergut. JC, how is teh mad dog as far as comfort for an adult? The last one i sat on was a bit old, so i think i may be biased a bit

JCDEYO25 03-02-2011 01:06 PM

To be honest with you I bought it more for the storage than the seat part...Actually most of the seat part of it actually sits on the back part of the quads seat so it is pretty comfortable...But being soft sided, it doesn't really provide any kind of support....But then like I said , the seat part doesn't really get used that much because I rarely ride 2 up...All in all I am very happy with it though...

John

cyberhedz 03-02-2011 03:52 PM

therein lies my problem as well, I will only be 2-up 5%-10% of the time, so for almost $400 for a hard box, or $150 for a soft bag, i'm really wondering how each compare. If the wife rode more, then heck yea, the cargo box all the way, hence my troubles.

wolfjon 03-03-2011 03:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I know its not the 850 but I love having the Kimpex box on my 500 and it works great with the kids or the wife. on the older style sportsmans the pad sits almost 80% over the factory seat so the comfort is there. It is large enough I keep my helmet in there as well as plenty of tools and spares. more then enough storage.
Attachment 17636

Attachment 17637

Bobby002 03-03-2011 03:54 PM

Will the kimpex box work on the 850 touring?