Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Rear cargo seat comfort?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear cargo seat comfort?

Hey guys, I know this is a opinion based question but I could use some help. I'm trying to pick out a rear cargo box/seat for my new toy and i'm stuck between two options. 1. wes deluxe L&R cargo box, 2. mad dog cargo bag & polaris cargo rack extender.

I really like the wes box from the picture, but its so pricey I wanted to know if it was worth it, comfort, durability, quality, etc. my father-in-law has the cargo bag and it felt pretty much like a bleacher pad at a sports game imo. For double the price, its hard to decide.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Range Rover
First Things First!

I don't know about the 2 you posted or the price you want to pay but we have a Kimpex Deluxe seat and cargo box on the 850 that is great for comfort with lots of storage room, well built with a brake light and padded arm rests.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Range Rover

Kimpex Deluxe seat will work well for the polaris xp touring and porvide enough comfortable for a passenger

Old 03-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Range Rover

you guys have a picture or link of it on the XP? and I'm not using a touring, i'm on the standard 1up model

Old 03-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Range Rover
First Things First!

I need to start downloading pictures, none yet but the Kimpex Deluxe fits great on our 1 up 850, leaves plenty of room on the quad seat and a good seat for the 2nd rider. I bought the 11 inch tall plastic foot pegs for the wifes feet and bolted them to the floorboards. We ride for hours in Utah with no complaints.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:13 AM
Range Rover

it sounds like the kimpex is a lot like the wes that I'm looking at, here is a link to it on the XP, and I'll go ahead and link the bag I'm looking at as well.
HEY! Looking for A Wes Rear Box for your Sportsman or Sportsman XP?

Cabela's: Mad Dog® Pro Series Utility Rear Rack Bag

Old 03-02-2011, 07:17 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know it's not one of the few you were looking at- but tamarack makes some real nice boxes and they have the best customer service I've ever delt with.
I bought a nice 2-up seat from them for my wife- had heated hand grips, heated seat and a 3rd brake light- they also have a real nic one with builtin speakers and Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  dock-

Tamarack ATV Accessories - Quality ATV Boxes and Bags

Old 03-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Pro Rider

I have the Mad Dog one on my '05...Very happy with it...

John

Old 03-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Range Rover
First Things First!

The picture of the Wes open looks like it may be built stronger than my Kimpex for the same price but if I roll over it may not make a difference. Kimpex has a solid backrest, Wes opens, don't know if that makes any real difference.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the link beergut. JC, how is teh mad dog as far as comfort for an adult? The last one i sat on was a bit old, so i think i may be biased a bit

Quick Reply: Rear cargo seat comfort?