Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Dealer cost?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dealer cost?

Hey guys selling my SP450 to my parents and getting an 525 Outlaw IRS. Can anyone tell me what the dealer cost is on this. I want to get the best deal I can. Thank you for yur help guys ^_^!

Old 04-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

Guessing your talking a 2011?
I'm not sure what cost is but if you want a real good deal find a hold over. Not sure what part of MN your from but there is a dealer by me who has a 2008 525 IRS thats new i bet could be had for 4K OTD.
There are some killer deals on the hold overs they want to unload.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

[QUOTE=MNpinetree;3023828]Hey guys selling my SP450 to my parents and getting an 525 Outlaw IRS. Can anyone tell me what the dealer cost is on this. I want to get the best deal I can. Thank you for yur help guys ^_^![/QUOT
Once and while would look at price sheets showing msrp versus invoice and depending on machine difference was between 500-800. Not as much mark up on say a Trail Boss versus a Sportsman 500 or 800.Plus like cars,a little "kick back" per unit at years end,depending on units sold. NOT really my area,but after 23 years you learn a little about sales even if your stuck in the back and feel like a mushroom :Kept in the dark and fed bull****************it! Also depends on how desperate dealers want to move say a slower moving unit, how much inventory on particular machines,etc. Close to retail on hot sellers. Some will drop set up fees,plus give an option or so,at least we did. Basically no dealer wants to loose a sale unless you try to low ball em! PLUS deals on previous year models sometimes are at or near cost! Just another option to consider. OPT

Old 04-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

I was at my local polaris dealer a couple weeks ago, and they had an '08 sra. I asked what they wanted for it and the salesman said 4800 otd(asking price).... I would say do the same thing and check on what they have from last year or even an 09, you could come out WAY ahead $wise and get basically the same bike.... just my

Old 04-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

I wonder why the dealer have such a hard time unloading Outlaw 525's guessing sport riders favor the japanese bikes. Good for me though my Outlaw was dirt cheap and new.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by BlackRaptor
I wonder why the dealer have such a hard time unloading Outlaw 525's guessing sport riders favor the japanese bikes. Good for me though my Outlaw was dirt cheap and new.

When we got our first outlaws,the MSRP was about 9 grand because of the Ktm motor and beefier frame! Needless to say we only sold about two machines! Ktm and Polaris are no longer involved together,Ktm bought their 25 percent back from Polaris. Dealers with left over machines began to cutting prices sharply. They were strong machines and people who waited usually got very good deals. OPT

Old 04-26-2011, 02:30 AM
Range Rover

Thank you for the imput guys! And OPT ty for yur info, love having you on the forum for an inside look at things. My dealer is currently looking or bidding on a polaris auction of some sort?? Trying to get me a good deal from a closed shop or somthing. He said he cld get 20-25% off of one maybe...hope so I am sick of waiting!!!! Want my new ride bad.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:11 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by MNpinetree
Thank you for the imput guys! And OPT ty for yur info, love having you on the forum for an inside look at things. My dealer is currently looking or bidding on a polaris auction of some sort?? Trying to get me a good deal from a closed shop or somthing. He said he cld get 20-25% off of one maybe...hope so I am sick of waiting!!!! Want my new ride bad.
Be careful on ANY auction machine unless its a brand new left over! Have seen "supposedly demo" or low mile auction machines that were pawned off on someone else because of major bugs or have been abused and refurbished"detailed to like new cosmetically" on auctions. When dealerships close a lot of times they have a machine or two they are happy to get rid of! OPT

Old 04-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with OPT there stay away from auction demo units I've seen people get burnt bad on them.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:55 AM
Range Rover

Dealer made it sound like it was a polaris only auction.. And what shld I look out for? He said brand new? With warranty? And ty again for yur time guys...^_^

Quick Reply: Dealer cost?