Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Having problems with my 2001 TB

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having problems with my 2001 TB

Hey guys im having problem starting or should i say keeping my 2001 Trail Blazer running... This is my problem, the TB starts as long as i spray starting fluid on the carburator before starting, then i would do wide open throtle and she stays running at low RPM but if i spray starting fluid and it will scream like its supposed to...yes there is fuel in the tank and oil in the oil tank.

Also i found a line that was just laying there that had asmall filter and a "T" that goes to the top and bottom can anyone tell me where this go!!! ty.

Name:  IMAG2886.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  125.2 KB

VIDEO

Old 12-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Sounds like you need to pull the carb and replace the needle and seat(usually if has been sitting up) and clean the jets. Starting fluid is lighter than gas mixture and will suck directly into combustion chamber and run for just a few seconds. The "T" is a one way valve that hooks to the bottom of the float bowl drain fitting and the other end goes to the air vent on the side of the carb OR if it's like a lot of em over the years,the vinyl tubes crack and fall off and all you have to do is run just a drain line from the carb bowl down and vent the carb air tube under the tank and eliminate the "T". OPT

Old 12-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer

WOW thank you so much!!!! ill be taking the carb apart tomorow morning..... thank you again!!!!! anything else i should do while im working on her? she has been sitting for 2 yrs i put a new battery on and she started right up but i guess the fuel in the carb kept it running for a few seconds. i paid 200.00 for it so im not complaining at all if its a dirty carb... lol

Old 12-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Drain the old gas! Plus check/replace the air filter, adjust and lube the chain, check the tires,grease the fittings,change the transmission fluid if looks dirty(Polaris AGL or equivalent oil suitable for chain driven transmissions) Looks like you're missing the air box? Then go ride OPT

Old 12-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Drain the old gas! Plus check/replace the air filter, adjust and lube the chain, check the tires,grease the fittings,change the transmission fluid if looks dirty(Polaris AGL or equivalent oil suitable for chain driven transmissions) Looks like you're missing the air box? Then go ride OPT
Yes is missing the Airbox should i get one or keep the filter. BTW ill do all those things tomorrow i have alor of riding to catch up on, since i now have moved to the country... (600 acers)

Old 12-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Run better with em plus will save a lot of extra cleaning on the filters. OPT

Old 12-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

ok cool ill look for an OEM airbox maybe i can find one on craigslist or ebay. thanks again.....

Old 12-31-2011, 08:36 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

most likely you may be pulling more dirt inthe carb into the engine and causing extra wear to the cylinder w/ out the air box as well. did you do a compression check to see how there is? kind of shows how wear is in the engine form low compression. just a thought.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Trailblazer

Well i did what OPT said and i took out the carb cleaned it and put it back in, she started right up, i took her for a ride and she ran ok but when i press the throttle wide open it stalls....

Old 01-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Probably why you need the air box,could be running too lean with out it,bogging down! But before you spend any more money,I would do a compression check (100 psi minimum) Plus are you sure both the pilot and main jet are clear and the needle and seat,float arm and pin are operating properly? OPT

Quick Reply: Having problems with my 2001 TB