Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2003 Polaris TB 250 carb

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Polaris TB 250 carb

I have a 2003 Polaris TB 250 and I need help finding out where the 3 clear hoses go on the carburetor. I think 2 of them are vents but not sure.. They was connected by a plastic T on the bottom. I took them off to look at them cuz the atv had sat for about 2 yrs and I wanted to make sure they wasnt clogged and now don't know how to put them back on.. Any diagrams or pics would help so much.. Thanks

Old 04-10-2013, 02:28 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Throw the "T' away!This confuses a lot of people and most of them end up falling off any way. Just run a separate carb bowl drain line,plus the the upper hoses are vents. Just run them up along the throttle/choke cable and zip tie em up to where they tuck under the tank a little. If you need new 3/16" tubing,most auto stores have it.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks... so both (2) tubes on top are vents.. and I discard the T (3 connections) on the bottom left like driver side or left leg side of the carb and connect the clear tube now without the T on it to the carb... So there is only 1 clear tube with any gas going to or from the carb... oh and where is the carb bowl drain line... Thanks again..

Old 04-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

There will be a small nipple on the bottom of the carb bowl that is for the overflow tube.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Okay so now its getting me confused lol.. I went to my Polaris dealer and they think that the one on the bottom connects with one on top where that T was in which I will do like you said and just make them separate. But there saying one of the ones on top is for your oil to mix as it is a 2 stroke.. But they wasn't sure which one on top.. Does that sound right... Kinda worried now as I don't want to take it to them to fix if they don't know more about it than me haha.. I will try to insert a image for you later on.. Thanks

Okay I vented the two on top and when I turn the gas peacock on gas comes pouring out the two vented tubes...

Old 04-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by adam jacks
Okay so now its getting me confused lol.. I went to my Polaris dealer and they think that the one on the bottom connects with one on top where that T was in which I will do like you said and just make them separate. But there saying one of the ones on top is for your oil to mix as it is a 2 stroke.. But they wasn't sure which one on top.. Does that sound right... Kinda worried now as I don't want to take it to them to fix if they don't know more about it than me haha.. I will try to insert a image for you later on.. Thanks

Okay I vented the two on top and when I turn the gas peacock on gas comes pouring out the two vented tubes...
Do you have a 250 or a 300? If it's a 300 then yes one line on the lower left of the carb is the oil injection line. If it's a 250 see if this helps any.Plus on a 250 both upper tube nipples are just atmospheric vents and can be run up separately without having to mess with a "T"

Old 04-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the videos... I don't know why the 2 vents up top are filling up with gas... If there pointing down gas just runs out..

Old 04-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by adam jacks
Thanks for the videos... I don't know why the 2 vents up top are filling up with gas... If there pointing down gas just runs out..
Then you have a float arm or needle and seat problem that's overflowing from the carb bowl through the vent tubes. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARB-REPAIR-REBUILD-KIT-POLARIS-TRAIL-BLAZER-TRAILBLAZER-250-96-97-98-99-00-01-/370643954578?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item564c19eb92&vxp=mtr

Old 04-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Okay thanks.... I will post when I get it all figured out...

Old 04-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Okay so I've watched the videos that you sent and there great.. But I still don't feel as though this is something that I could do successfully. Although I know I can take it off and put it back on machine. So is there a place that I can order a new one ready to just put on.. Maybe even a better one than stock.. My local Polaris want $150 to just clean it. Thanks

Quick Reply: 2003 Polaris TB 250 carb