Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I am waiting for an answer POLARIS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-1999, 11:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. If you haven't read my posted message yet, I bought a 97' Polaris. It has been nothing but trouble. To read the letter that I wrote them it is on page two of the messages. I have sent that message 3 or 4 times in the past two weeks. The first time I sent it I got an automated reply. Saying that someone would look at it. So I waited and waited for 4 days. Nothing. So i sent it again.............Nothing, not even and automated message. So till this day I am still sending the Letter waiting for a reply. It has been 5 weeks since the letter was first sent. So if you can relate to this I would be happy to hear from you. So........Later. Tim

Old 08-17-1999, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

This day and age a lot of companies operate in this fashion and get away with it. They sell you a product and then if there is a problem they will drown you with paper work and other things that will hopefully stop you from calling. This is actually very destructive to them if someone is a stool pigeon. When your a kid and your big brother is giving you trouble you go and tell your parents because they have the upper hand. Try some govermental services like the better buisness beuro ( however it's spelled ). The BBB has an online complaint form which i filled out once. It was easy and the company i complained about contacted me a week later. Try to also hit them from multiply angles. Keep sending letters and calling, contact the BBB and any other organization you can find that would give them trouble. And finally my favorite find a payphone nearby, call their 800 number and harass as many people as possible. Good Luck

Old 08-17-1999, 06:23 PM
mik
Weekend Warrior

Did you buy this machine new in 97'??

Old 08-17-1999, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah. Brand new in 1997. Sucks doesnt it?

Old 08-17-1999, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Why didn't you go back to the dealer. That's the way it is set up to work. The factory people will not and are not supposed to respond to your problem. The factory will respond to the dealer though.

If you had car trouble would you call Ford? or your Ford dealer?? Same deal.

Old 08-18-1999, 12:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

ok. Obviously you haven't read the letter. I went to the dearler every time I had a problem. Since he wasnt giving me a fair answer on the taillight blowing the first day I got it, the chain snapping on the frist ride, the charging system shot and the transmission blowing. That is why I emailed the dealer. Another peice of information you should know I did the math and Specer Hudson (the dealer) wants me to put $550.00-$1000.00 for all the trouble we have had! So that is why I went to Polaris and not the dealer.

Old 08-18-1999, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

Theres also another way to get Polaris's att.,DON'T BUY ONE!!!!

Old 08-18-1999, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, good thinking....... Although the point is that I already have one!!!!!!!!! And it is a piece of SH*T!!!! I am trying to get opinions on what to do. So you haven't really helped...........

Old 08-18-1999, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Hold on a minute here. Let me get this straight you bought a 97 trail blazer and broke the chain the first time out and the warranty wouldn,t cover it? I bought a 425 in 97 and I have the tag off of the chain lying in front of me right now and it says "full one year warrenty on drive chains" did yours not have this? or did you not get the work done within the 1st year of ownership I went back and read the original post and something about this drive chain I must be missing. I could have sworn it said broke the chain first time out took it to the dealer but the warranty was out. maybe I misread it. Sorry about your problems these thing happen I have owned polaris products since 1994 and have experienced no such bad luck other than having my 425 stolen. I don,t think you are going to accomplish much trying to argue about a machine that is nearly 4 years old if it was a 99 maybe if it was still under warranty that would be better but I seriously doubt you can get any type of legal support on a machine that old and that is called an ATV those three letters translate into an automatic assumtion of rough treatment. Sorry for your trouble good luck in the future.
Anyone else remember seeing the full years warranty tag on the chain on their chain driven Polaris machines ? I still have mine so I know I ,m not imagining it.
------------------
Kevin Gowdy AKA-Kagey1999 Polaris Magnum 500

[This message has been edited by Kagey (edited 08-18-1999).]

Old 08-19-1999, 12:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

I must have been more clear. By "the first ride" i mean a Poker Run. I belong to a club. We have rides every weekend. The first ride was out of warranty. But should it have broke? It isn't close to 4 years old. Do the math...... May 1997(bought) to April 1999(when transmission went) that is 2 years and a month. You guys dont get it do you? Brand new ATV, $3565.00, 1997, and all the trouble I have had......dont you think I get a little something back????????????? If you are replying to disagree dont bother because what ever you say is wrong and I can prove it..........

[This message has been edited by topper_99 (edited 08-18-1999).]

Quick Reply: I am waiting for an answer POLARIS?