Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

more ? for OPT

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more ? for OPT

on the shift box should I put some grease on the shift rod ball and socket or just oil ? also on the front right side of the motor, next to where the rad hose goes into the case is a plug, in the parts fish it shows it as a dip stick (#43 in the fish) but #43 is not on the list, is there oil in there and if so what is it a dip stick for? thanks for all the help, u are way better then the book. thanks again

Old 12-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

They're sealed,but a little oil wont hurt. This is the counter balancer dip stick.Some parts are NLA or dealer only as to why they're not listed on the break down. This cavity holds 100 ccs (about 3.5 ounces) of oil.This oil lubes the counter balancer gears and bearings,oil pump shaft/bearing and w/p bearing. Calls for 30 wt or any multi grade 0w40,5w40 will do.Counter balancer drain is the small 10mm drain plug to the left of the crank case drain plug on the bottom of the engine.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

I drained the 3 plugs on the bottom of the motor, mine has a dip stick between the motor and trans, this is there I filled the counter balancer with oil per the book, does the plug in the front need oil also? or is it just another fill hole.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by ronnierhino06
I drained the 3 plugs on the bottom of the motor, mine has a dip stick between the motor and trans, this is there I filled the counter balancer with oil per the book, does the plug in the front need oil also? or is it just another fill hole.
You can fill the c/b oil through the small dip stick hole or through the plug at the front. The front plug is a carry over from the older 350 engines that didn't have a dip stick.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for the help, I'm sure u havn't heard the last of me, I got this thing in a trade and the guy I got it from never did any service on it, it came with a snow plow that's the main reason I traded.