Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Mv850

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Mv850

Been looking at the MV850 and the npt tires. Cost of this thing is $15,000.Out of reach for about 90% of people,plus wonder what the replacement tire cost is? Is npt technology here to stay or just a gimmick. Military is using this on large vehicles also,but just wonder on what it would do in mud and sand. Seems to me the tires would be a catch all for rocks,mud,tree branch,etc.Might be that I'm just getting a little old and not embracing new technology,but I remember the one year only model MV7 we sold also that looks awfully similar except for the tires and engine. One heavy machine that you could take a sledge hammer to though.

Attached Thumbnails Mv850-polaris-tires-2.jpg  
Old 12-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't like the looks of those tires but they've been put through a lot and survived where a regular tire wouldn't. It's hard to say if they'll be popular with civilians but it looks like they're here to stay for the military. I think Goodyear quit making ATV tires but they used to make run-flat tires that looked just like regular ATV tires. No holes for things to get stuck in. These new ones will probably cost a lot too.

Old 12-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just think how heavy they'll be when filled with mud!

Old 12-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

Those tries will survive just fine, just need to think outside the box a little.

The Michelin Tweel (designed before Polaris released these) have been used in Construction, by cattle and Dairy famrs, and there are ZERO complaints of them plugging up.

Welcome to Michelin Tweel Technologies, Skid Steer Tires, Flat Proof Skid Steer Tires, No Flat Skid Steer Tires, Long Life Skid Steer Tires, Puncture Proof Skid Steer Tires, Skid Steer Tires Without Air, Michelin Tweel

Old 12-14-2013, 06:20 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

There will always be to guys that are attacted to the 50 Cal Barrett rifle for civvie use that will want it,

Old 12-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hell I cant even afford a 5 grand wheeler anymore but I love the idea and technology of these tires.Not so much the price or weight, Polaris can stick the price up there *** tho if you ask me.