Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Polaris Ace..............

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
I remember when the original Odyssey came out. Suspension was a cheap set of shocks on the front, air pressure in the rear tires.

I'd take an old Pilot with a beefed up suspension and bigger tires over the Ace in a heartbeat.
Well a Odyssey or Pilot is 2 wheel drive all day long... LOL - You can't compare the ACE to the Pilot - 2 totally different machines

Old 01-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
You don't want it like the Oddesy , they were way two low for rough trails they were more like a go cart.

About the motor and weight, Polaris screwed up one before on theirs short lived 335 Sportsman also the Yamaha 450 was under powered.

But 830lbs is a light RUV/UTV.

Ok - My $0.02

Personally I don't mind the mere 26HP that my Grizzly 450 has... I barely ride over 40 mph anyhow.... The Grizzly 450 performs very well to great in rough terrain. Which is where I do 75% of my riding. The 4x4 system is un-matched. Yet it only has 26hp. So 32hp doesn't sound too bad... Besides - we all know the Clutching guru's and engine guru's will start developing upgrades if the ACE becomes popular.

HP is NOT everything... Though people always want the biggest and baddest ( I only have ever done that with my Snowblower - 2014 Ariens Pro28 with a 420CC / 21 ft-lb tq Briggs and Stratton engine) Even my snowmobile is only a 597cc 2 stroke (05 Skidoo MXZ 500ss trail)

Personally if I where in the market for a new ATV/UTV I would consider a Polaris ACE. I am sure it will perform quite well for my needs of riding rough terrain and cruising around here and there..

The ACE will sell and I think they will sell ALOT of them. The price point is good. I also think that Popo will eventually put a bigger engine in.

This 1st Gen ACE is indeed a big Step in the ATV/UTV Market. I also think that if the ACE is very successful then other MFG's will develop their own equivalent model.

-CS-

Old 01-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

How long did it take the lawyers to have them make changes to the sxs sports models? I can see them foaming at the mouth, waiting for this to hit the trails.

Much like the sxs, total disregard for the persons skill on the machine who had the wreck.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
It is a high powered 327cc DOHC. Has the same 32hp power as the old non H.O 500s and 455H.O has. Must have to rev much higher to make it though.

The old Oddesy were one step from sitting on the ground. You would need a chiropractor after a bumpy trail ride. It was like sitting in a bath tub with wheels.

Your making me want a pilot now TLC, that one looks sick!! Pilot over the Ace anyday!!

Old 01-24-2014, 03:47 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Never seen a Pilot, can you post a pic?

Old 01-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
Never seen a Pilot, can you post a pic?
The pilot is the atv that you posted a pic of, I've looked around for them on eBay and Craigslist before but the ones in good condition run over 7grand.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

The pilot was really a bad *** machine. 400cc water cooled 2stroke, dual aarms all the way around, snorkels, 4 point harness, 10inches of GC and went 70mph. I'm sure it had a generally smooth ride considering the IRS. I think you were referring to the much cheaper odyssey TLC. I think the odyssey had a solid front and rear axel. I'm sure it was like sitting in a moving bathtub

Old 01-24-2014, 05:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Old 01-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by HondaR24
The pilot was really a bad *** machine. 400cc water cooled 2stroke, dual aarms all the way around, snorkels, 4 point harness, 10inches of GC and went 70mph. I'm sure it had a generally smooth ride considering the IRS. I think you were referring to the much cheaper odyssey TLC. I think the odyssey had a solid front and rear axel. I'm sure it was like sitting in a moving bathtub
You guys are missing the point in regards to ATTEMPTING to compare the Popo Ace to the cHonda Pilot....

Odyssey/Pilot = 2 wheel drive dune buggy type ATV
ACE = 4 wheel drive, rough terrain buggy type ATV

Comparing these two is almost as bad as comparing a Sport ATV (Yamaha YFZ-450R) to a utility ATV (Popo Sportsman 850XP). Two totally different machines

Old 01-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by CraZySteve
You guys are missing the point in regards to ATTEMPTING to compare the Popo Ace to the cHonda Pilot....

Odyssey/Pilot = 2 wheel drive dune buggy type ATV
ACE = 4 wheel drive, rough terrain buggy type ATV

Comparing these two is almost as bad as comparing a Sport ATV (Yamaha YFZ-450R) to a utility ATV (Popo Sportsman 850XP). Two totally different machines
Good point but there is really nothing else to compare the ACE to, don't mind us, we are just BSing

Quick Reply: New Polaris Ace..............