Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I think Polaris Hits the Hash pipe a little to often

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2001, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll ride my kill'r'is before i buy yer piece of junk, No2strokebs or whatever you're call, maybe you should change your name to ********. I hate these post but to-night I don't care.

Old 03-31-2001, 08:47 AM
Range Rover

hey sixty nine cobra. i checked out your pics thats a sweet stang you have. ive always wanted a 69 or 70

Old 03-31-2001, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

Bill,
Did you ever figure out your jetting? I'm running a 210 with the needle in the stock position right now. Yes I can toast a warrior also but I've never run a modded one.

Old 03-31-2001, 12:04 PM
Trailblazer

I say we all get on the quads, ride to a nice wooded area and smoke up, lol... Then wait there so we don't crash the quads, lol... It's all good fun!

-jester

Old 03-31-2001, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey bill, if you can't get your "modded" explorer in front of your friends warrior maybe you should
consider that the mods you chose did more harm than good. it does happen.
the warrior does jump me in a drag race,but in a top end race i pull away and he can't pass unless
i make a rider error. if he is in front i have enough more top end to pass with ease.
maybe you just need to admit your friend is a better rider and let him give you some pointers.
whatever happens,never admit a yamaha is better.,
after all you did chose to buy a polaris
oh yea,i haven't been smokin',but maybe a beer or two.

Old 04-01-2001, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait4you,
I never said anything about a Yamaha being better than a Polaris.What I did say was the TRUTH.I got beat by one.Whats so damn shameful about admitting the truth?

Just because I lost a race you want me to admit that my friend is a better rider?How silly!I have been riding 3 and 4 wheelers since 1983 and I also am a ASI instructor,so yah,your probably right,next time we race,I'll have to ask him for some pointers.With my lack of riding yrs and experience do you think that'll help me beat him?How many yrs of riding experience does it take to be a great a rider like you?I ask this because if it takes more yrs of riding experience than what I currently have on 3-4 wheelers,[18yrs]you must be one very old fart?

MNXPLORER,
currently,im running a 220 main jet,im going to go down a size when it gets slightly warmer though.Today while at my local riding area,I had the Dynoport pipe tested for DBs.Can you beleive that damn thing was at 96dbs?I am 2db OVER the legal limit for Michigan.They let me ride anyway because I AM THE MAN![lol]They just sorta told me to not let anyone know im running a little over the limit,thats cool with me.
Bill

Old 04-01-2001, 05:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

bill,
i guess i am an old fart if 33 is old.i've been riding and racing 2,3 and 4 wheelers since i was 8.that gives me 25 years, just a little more than your 18.i'm not affraid to admit when someone is a better rider, in fact i ride with one every time i go out. it would be my guess that there is something to be learned from just about everyone a person rides with.
if i want to come in second follow you,ya right,
you cant even beat a yamaha

Old 04-01-2001, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait4you,
well if you want to be PRECISE about it,im 43 and have been riding dirt bikes since I was 11.I did NOT include my dirt bike riding yrs into my ATV yrs like you did.Who wins now?

Im not at all afraid to admit when someone else is a better rider than myself,however,you seem to misinterpet losing a simple drag race with someone being a better rider?[big differance here]Not a whole lot of experience needed to drag race,would you not agree?If so,how does that make the guy a better rider than me,just because I lost a straight line drag race?

BTW,are you sure you are 33 like you say?I ask because your lack of typing skills gives you away as much younger,perhaps around 15?
Bill

Old 04-01-2001, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer

lol I agree with jester on this one, lets all quit this bicking on which quad is better than the other and smoke up, life is too short for this crap the only thing that matters is that YOUR having fun riding the quad YOU prefer!

Old 04-02-2001, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

It is my understanding that the majority of atv sold are utilities. I ride a utility and most of the people I know ride utilities. (There are no desserts around here) So, lets compare Yamaha to Polaris. The Grizzly is the most powerful bike made by Yamaha, but that power is only useful on a flat smooth trail. It is top heavy and rides like a log wagon. It will roast your leg in the summer, and cook the oil to a pitch black color in a matter of a ride or two. I would take a Magnum500, SP400, Exporer400, SP500, SP500HO over the Grizzly anyday. I beleive any of these bikes would walk off and leave a stock Grizzly on rough trails. And, I am speaking from experience. I owned a 98 Grizzly and sold it with just a few hundred miles on it.

If any of you Yamaha folks disagree, I would be happy to let you prove me wrong.

And, if you want to compare all out racing bikes, I would have to give it to Yamaha, if you are talking about bikes being produced today. But, I guess that all depends on where you are racing. If we were to race around Lake Greeson in Arkansas for example, a banshee would we lucky to make it at all, much less try to beat me around the lake on my SP500.

Greg

Quick Reply: I think Polaris Hits the Hash pipe a little to often