Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Fire in the hole

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-1999, 02:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was out last evening riding my scram 500 with my best friend on his scram 500. We were back in the woods kicking it around making new trails and when we stopped he said you've got to see this. It was very dark in the woods and he told me to stand behind my scramber, then he went up and started to rev my atv in neutral. As soon as he let off the gas a blue flame about a foot long shot out the FMF Megamax II. I could not believe my eyes. I had taken all of the discs and core out of the pipe for use in competition mode only and since I was racing my friend's atv which was the same as mine except w/o the pipe, it seemed right. It was very wet on the trails due to all of the rain we've been having in NC so I was not worried about starting a fire. Jamie told me it looked very wild following it through the woods, it shot flames out everytime I'd get off the gas, which was alot in the woods. The power increase was alot better and the pipe put off a lower and harder thump. This was real sweet, I am glad no one lives around these trails.

Old 09-23-1999, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

WOW! I would like to see a picture.

So how did the two quads compare when raced?

Old 09-23-1999, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

My personal best "blue flame" is over 2'... OH!! wait, you were talking about ATV's. Sorry

------------------
Jerry Goodman '99 400L, '98 TBlazer

Old 09-24-1999, 10:47 AM
Range Rover

That's a good one Jerry. Adam, before I got the pipe he would pull steadily away from me. We both have 99 Scramblers but his is from Canada, I have noticed a couple differences between the two. I weight about 20 pounds more and I have a back rack and slick tires. No excuse, his atv was faster. He also has about six uni 1" holes with foam inserts for the airbox lid, not sure of the performance gain cause I never saw it before the holes. Well after I put the pipe on with a K&N and all of the discs and quietcore he still could pull off at about 1 mile per hour faster. This is a big improvement, lately I have been running the pipe in comp. mode no discs or core it's not so loud that people complain hell Harleys go through my neighborhood all the time that are twice as loud. It sounds real good and now the power has seemed to pick up. I better get my new tires TODAY cause I ordered them last week but they got shipped to the wrong address so I had to wait an extra week just to get them. I have been waiting to get the new bearclaws on before I race him again, we both think it should easily pull away with traction and the pipe opened up in comp mode. I will try to get the picture since I have no pictures of my new atv or my girls new truck. I'll eat alot of beans for lunch so I can make a even bigger flame and compete with Jerry. I will get pictures this weekend, it is gonna be real nice and sunny and about 80 degrees on SAT and SUN.

Later,

steve

Old 09-24-1999, 05:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

:-) ;-) :-( ;-(

Just saying Hello

Old 09-24-1999, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

I have seen some of the newer '99 Scramblers and they had some different things, but I haven't ridden a newer one to compare. I wonder what the difference between here & Canada is?