Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

end of an era

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default end of an era

it is a sad day for me indeed. after a lot of thought and in and out thoughts I sold my prize 500 freedom. I put a sum of 2.2 miles on It after I totally went through in 4 years next month! I hate how life seems to get in the way of wheeler fun. so I'm sad to say I now have no wheelers(sold the scrambler too) so now I will just troll on here to check in and watch everyone else's fun.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:27 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find I don't get out on rides that much also. 2 fishing trips a years and maybe a few week end rides.
I have 3700 miles on my 2001 Sportsman and it had 1200 miles on it when I bought it in 2006 so the math tells you everything.
There are people on this site who can do 1200 miles a season or more.

What mileage did it have when you sold it?

Old 08-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't ride as much as I used to. A lot of it has to do with the fact that most of the people I used to ride with don't ride anymore and there are a few I don't associate with anymore for personal reasons. I'm still waiting on more parts for my Grizzly. The shop was about to finish it up and as they were putting the belt on, more stuff needed to be replaced as the belt didn't go on properly. Probably explains why the other belt broke with very few miles on it. So another weekend of no riding. I saw a guy once that put 3000 miles on his quad in one year. I barely put that many miles on my truck in a year. I asked him if he drove it to work every day lol. He just said he bought it to ride and ride it he did.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

Originally Posted by TLC
I find I don't get out on rides that much also. 2 fishing trips a years and maybe a few week end rides.
I have 3700 miles on my 2001 Sportsman and it had 1200 miles on it when I bought it in 2006 so the math tells you everything.
There are people on this site who can do 1200 miles a season or more.

What mileage did it have when you sold it?

2.2 miles more then I bought it lol. it had just about 500 miles on it before I put a new speedometer in it.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Sad to hear, Stendori.

I used to get out twice a month minimum. Not quite as much time now.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear it. Usually in the early spring and then in the fall is a decent time for me to get out and ride. I have a log im keeping this year of the miles Ive ridden. Looks like ive ridden just over 150 miles this year. Not a huge amount, but im hoping I can double that before the end of the year. Most our rides seem to be about 30 miles with a 50 mile ride in there every once in a while. Luckily there are some pretty good places to ride around here, but one of my favorites is about a 3hr drive.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Steve...
Hey buddy sorry to hear about the quads but maybe down the road you might get another one I always valued your expertise here on the forum so hopefully you stick around I troll all the time too...lol
John

Old 08-13-2015, 04:39 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

Originally Posted by JCDEYO25
Steve...
Hey buddy sorry to hear about the quads but maybe down the road you might get another one I always valued your expertise here on the forum so hopefully you stick around I troll all the time too...lol
John
thanks john. i still will check in. who knows what our future holds right.

Old 08-13-2015, 08:22 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by stendori
i still will check in. who knows what our future holds right.
At one time I had 7 motorcycles,one LT50 and a BW80 for my son in the garage. Now I have none. Priorities change,kids grow up,work schedules change,health problems,etc. Now I walk out to the garage and see a tool chest full of tools and nothing to work on.. Who knows you might find another deal on one later on down the road that you can't pass up..

Old 08-13-2015, 08:52 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Now I walk out to the garage and see a tool chest full of tools and nothing to work on..
Why not work on the side for extra cash? I mean the "pick and chose jobs" avoid the tear down nightmare jobs.