Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Help please.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015 | 12:41 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Help please.....

I have a 01 Polaris sportsman 500H.O.4x4 with no spark .replaced stator ,trigger,cdi,coil.wire,boot ,plug ,set gap on trigger.(actually no adjustment).new battery .ohmed and resistance. Continuity. checked power to all circuits have lights and instruments. Switches.all appear good .still no spark with starter or manually. WHAT.am I missing here...

Old 10-17-2015 | 02:29 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Check all common grounds and especially the stator ground. Pull the black wire from the cdi and see if you have spark. If you have spark,then you possibly have a short either in the key switch black kill wire or left control switch black kill wire or the switch itself may be the problem. Spray some electrical contact cleaner into the left control switch and work the emergency on/off switch back and forth. Clean both connectors leading into the left control switch also and use a little electrical grease. You may have to trace the key switch and left control switch wiring where they terminate into the main harness under the front panel. This is where all the twisting and turning happens on the harness. Easy place for shorts to happen. Don't over look the headlight pod and wiring. Another common place that shorts can happen are at the high beam bulb because of the sharp twist the connector has to make. One simple bare wire grounding out can cause spark loss..

Old 10-17-2015 | 06:52 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Ok thank you for your help .I will check those issues as you suggested I have checked terminals at switch cleaned and traced power to key and ground .I have unplugged black cdi safety connection. But no spark so I will check harness and grounds for stator and get back to you .if problem is still ongoing...[/QUOTE]