Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

95 Polaris scrambler reving problem.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 07:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Polaris scrambler reving problem.

Well I replaced clutch side crank seal started it up ran fine stuck the clutch back on and it went back to staying reved up when letting off the throttle.will the clutch cause that if it is not releasing right.

Old 10-30-2016, 10:30 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Then sounds like you may have the other seal leaking,a head or base gasket or even a case leaking that is if you've eliminate a carb slide sticking,jettting or a cable binding problem. This is where you need to do a good leak down test to help narrow down the problem.

Old 10-31-2016, 05:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would jetting really cause that as well.im not sure on the size of main that's in it right now.i have played with it for winter time a little.what about reeds would that cause it.i plan on changing stator side seal.i have sprayed starting fluid all around the head,base,intake,and even around the crank seal on the clutch side with clutch off before I changed it and it really didn't change.im sure it was a little bad.but a clutch would cause this symptoms?
Thanks mark

Show

Old 10-31-2016, 07:56 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Clutch shouldn't have anything to to with it over revving. Check the throttle cable for binding along with the carb slide and throttle housing itself. If these are working ok,I'd still do a leak down test. If reeds were cracked or split the engine would run crappy and rich.

Old 10-31-2016, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are several youtube videos on how to find a leak...start it...let it idle, then spray carb cleaner in the areas OPT mentioned above...if no change in idle, then start looking at you carb cable and slide operation...I've seen plenty a stick'n slides in my day...

Old 10-31-2016, 02:41 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Here's a couple of the better videos on leak down tests.