Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler oil injection

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 01:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler oil injection

Hi everyone I am wondering if anyone can help me. I bought a 95 scrambler 400 and working though some things. The one that has me stumped is the oil injection I found a clear hose that comes from the oil injection it has a clamp on it but not hooked up to anything and I have no idea what it connects to looked online found nothing he'll the carb looks different from online so I hope one of you can help thanks

Old 01-30-2017, 06:57 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

It looks like they blocked off the injection system. Fairly common thing to do. Premix the gas and no worries of the injection system going out.

Possible they did a carb switch, might explain why they blocked off the injector.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply scootergptx
I was under the impression the oil injection went to the motor not the carb that would explain why when I look up the carb it shows a round not flat. So that line is to go to the carb?

The guy I bought it from supposedly did the top end. we talked about oil injection he said he was thinking about deleting it but didn't and I can tell you the gas was not premixed and the pump is active since it squirts oil.

Sorry for the stupidity first time with a 2 stroke

Old 01-30-2017, 08:30 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Oil injector does go to the intake manifold. See if it's been removed and a 6mm bolt has been used in it's place. Kinda looks like the injector hose is broken.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

thank you old Polaris tech
Pardon my ignorance where on the intake would it be?

Old 01-30-2017, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's part of the carb boot...if I recall...actually, I think I see a bolt in it's hole in one of your pics. That carb is definitely not stock...looks like a flat-slide, stocker is a round-slide.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:31 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

I see the block off bolt now in the first pic. Looks like you need to drain the oil tank if it hasn't already and pull that line off. Nasty oil over the engine that needs to be cleaned up. Oil adapter (Item 14) looks like it was pulled off the tube then blocked off.

Attached Thumbnails Scrambler oil injection-index.png  
Old 01-30-2017, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks so much it had me stumped. what about bypassing the oil injection and just doing premix or stick with the oil injection since I know it work be because of the oil spitting out the line? once again thanks guys!

Old 01-31-2017, 04:46 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by wayned
Thanks so much it had me stumped. what about bypassing the oil injection and just doing premix or stick with the oil injection since I know it work be because of the oil spitting out the line? once again thanks guys!
On the 400 I would leave the block off bolt in place and premix 40:1 with a good synthetic oil. Just drain the oil tank,remove the lose pump hose. Many people are scared of oil pumps and pumps are not always the problem as many people let piston wear get too far and blame it entirely on the pumps. But in the case of the 400s I'd by pass them ALL since the pump is located in the worst possible place,the front of the engine.I've seen too many that have frozen up and were corroded from water that caused engine damage. Some people have gone as far as removing pumps,installing block off plates,but really not necessary as long as the oil pump pulley still turns on this split cable system.If in doubt you can either disconnect the cable from the pump or go to a single throttle cable as some have.The old 250 and 300 pumps located at the back of the engines,no problems to speak of out of them.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you old Polaris tech good to know I will defiantly delete it. I am going to go over everything the guy I got it from said he did a top end but even if he did it probably need to be redone because I know for a fact when I picked it up it was not premix. Some people are just hacks just do it right and if you have questions ask the people who know like I did.