Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How do you change the rear right side motor mount 2001 Polaris Sportsman 500? I can

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you change the rear right side motor mount 2001 Polaris Sportsman 500? I can

How do you change the rear right side motor mount 2001 Polaris Sportsman 500?

I can see a washer on the left side.

When I moved the right side with a bar, it looked as though the engine mount was not attached. The mount never showed any sign of movement

Are there mounts that are better than the Polaris motor mounts?

I could not find anything about changing the engine mounts in the manuals I have

Part # 25

2001 Polaris SPORTSMAN 500 HO (A01CH50AE) Engine Mounting A01ch50aa | Cycle Parts Warehouse

Old 04-07-2017, 06:00 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

May as well order two and replace them both as the front and top mount need to be loosen and engine pried forward enough to get to the rear mounts. When the engine is first installed the two rear mounts are installed first. A big flat washer and threaded shaft is molded into each side of the solid rubber mount. Sounds like yours has separated which is a common thing to happen. You have to have enough room to screw one end into the engine block the other side to fall into the frame hole,then tighten with the lock washer and nut.That's what I meant by ordering two.Just as easy to change both out at the same time and check the fronts also.Manuals don't give out info on how to on repair/replace some items.Service manuals are made for the full time mechanic and on some things they expect you to already know what the problem is when you find it and how to repair it without showing it in detail.Or the manuals would be about a foot thick if they did.

Attached Thumbnails How do you change the rear right side motor mount 2001 Polaris Sportsman 500?  I can-8f8fc4ec-2df9-43fe-81c2-3bf086a32d47-3498-00000554cac548e8_zps2680bd4c.jpg  
Old 04-07-2017, 07:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The left rear on mine has a spacer washer between the mount and the engine. Should I remove that and start from scratch on that motor mount?

From what I have sen on this machine it's hard to guess what they did right and what they did wrong.

I ordered 2 for the back and one for the front. Should I order another for the top?

Old 04-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

The small flat washers are supposed to be there on the rear mounts. Just check how firm the top mount is with a pry bar. If in doubt or it's soft and moves a little, order a new one.