Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2007 sawtooth

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 11:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2007 sawtooth

I have a 2007 sawtooth 200 that i just the rebuilt the upper end. Since then i have a drum drum drum sound to it, I've checked everything i can think of rechecked timing just everything till I'm blue in the face. Is there anyone can help with thing? PLEASE!!

Old 05-10-2017, 12:31 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Doesn't give people a lot to go on.. Could be noise from the cam chain or guides,noise could be from the clutches or belt. A mechanics stethoscope or even a simple card board tube can help pin point what area the sound is coming from. Plus does the sound get quieter as the engine revs up or stays the same. Too many variables. Would help if you could post a video on this.Other than that all anyone can do is guess.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sawtooth

Wow so much to check. It will not rev very well, New cam chain,Had the belt off at first thought that was it so put the belt on same thing, Do you think it might be carburetion loading up, as i said i have checked everything nothing seems to work. I do thank you for your response! I'll just have to start over and see if i missed anything. THANK YOU!!