Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris trailblazer

Old 07-12-2017, 05:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris trailblazer

I have a 250 2 stroke Polaris trailblazer when I bought it it ran, starter was gone but pull start worked it ran fine for a while then it got really hard to Start then it just wouldnt at all then my starter finally comes in So I put it on hoping it turn the motor over more or something and....nothing, I'm getting good compression good spark but when I take the spark plug out it doesn't have gas on it what could cause this? Could it be messed up And not be mixing right??

Old 07-12-2017, 07:28 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Has to have compression,spark,fuel and air. Think I'd check compression again and see what you have. You don't really say other than "it's good".
Plus pull the fuel line from the carb and see if you have good fuel flow in the on and reserve position.If compression is more than 100 psi,you have good spark,fuel flow is good,problem could be in the carb. Jets could be stopped up,float needle stuck,etc.Plus leaking crank seals were another problem,especially the one behind the drive clutch that people over looked. If it's leaking bad enough,no way the engine will crank.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Has to have compression,spark,fuel and air. Think I'd check compression again and see what you have. You don't really say other than "it's good".
Plus pull the fuel line from the carb and see if you have good fuel flow in the on and reserve position.If compression is more than 100 psi,you have good spark,fuel flow is good,problem could be in the carb. Jets could be stopped up,float needle stuck,etc.Plus leaking crank seals were another problem,especially the one behind the drive clutching that people over looked. If it's leaking bad enough,no way the engine will crank.
thank you for the reply, and in the compression it blows my finger out with ease but thank you I will redo the carb and make sure I got all the jets

Old 07-13-2017, 02:06 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Finger pop isn't the best way to tell on compression. A cheap compression tester can eliminate any guessing.https://www.harborfreight.com/compre...-pc-62638.html