Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

next mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 07:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 200 trail blazer. i want to get something else for my atv to add power. i have a pipe and clutch kit.what would be something that adds a lot and is not that expensive?thanks

Old 04-20-2001, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

What brand of pipe do you have?

I think you need to get a carb off a Scrambler. I have heard this helps quit a bit.

Also, look into head and cylinder porting/mods.

But if you got the money...the HPD reed convertion that is coming out looks to be the answer to make the TBLAZER screem.

'96 Scrambler w/RCR Stage 1 Kit, K&N filter, and Boyesen Power Reeds.

Old 04-20-2001, 01:34 PM
Range Rover

Supposedly with the help of HPD you can mill the head and port the cylinder as well as bore and add a wiseco for $410. Then add a 34mm carb for less than $200 I'm sure. That's what I'm considering. Short of the reed cage conversion yet to be released from HPD that would just about top it out. Some folks recommend get the U.F.O. from HotSeat for the carb, cheaper than the read cage... (like $30), but I'v heard it is very difficult to get adjusted right.
One guy claimed that doing the above and also lightening the flywheel a pound would make the TB run with a stock Scrambler. Some have argued the point but there's only one way to find out...

Old 04-21-2001, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

It seems that everyone is getting into hopping up their TBLAZERS. When I owned one a few years I had no idea that you could mod them to keep up with the big bores.

If I would have known, I might have kept it!

It is almost like a contest now....who has the fastest TBLAZER??!!

'96 Scrambler w/RCR Stage 1 Kit, K&N filter, and Boyesen Power Reeds.