Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

800 EFI maintenance tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 07:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 800 EFI maintenance tips

Do the drain plugs need the rubber washers? Only my rear axle had one and it was broken. Front axle, oil and trans all didn't have one and I have not had any leaks. If so is it a standard size for all?

I have read that the front axle really needs the specific Polaris fluid for the 4x4 to work properly but can I use generic fluid for the trans? I assume normal gear oil for the rear axle?

any help would be appreciated!

Old 09-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Drain and fill plugs have a rubber o-ring that fits under the head. You can in most cases order these separate from places like here Polaris ATV Parts or a good hardware store can have ones that fit. They can seep fluid over time and if it gets too low you can have problems. The front diff did have a couple different fluids at one time but they changed that to where Demand Drive Plus is good for all diffs.If you don't have an owners manual here's a good 5 buck service manual that can help on fluids used,repairs and maintenance.Just pick your year model.Polaris ATV Service Manuals PDF Download Use Polaris AGL or equivalent oil suitable for chain driven gear cases such as Amsoil gear case lube. Rear diff you can use 80/90 GL4 or 5 in place of the Polaris Angle drive fluid.

Attached Thumbnails 800 EFI maintenance tips-s-l1600.jpg  
Old 09-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Old Polaris Tech. I bought the manual - great deal for 4.95!