Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Led headlight info

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Led headlight info

Looking for recommendations on Led headlight bulbs for my 17 sportsman. I'm not interested in hid's, I've used them in the past. I'm looking to use leds for the whiter look and also less strain on the stator while using the winch alot when plowing. 50w but what lumens should I get and what brand?

Old 10-17-2017, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

Following along, been looking for a while with no luck. No interest in hid either.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

Apparently nobody has found a good decent priced led bulbs for head lights. I might be the guinea pig 😲

Old 11-28-2018, 04:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Did you ever replace bulbs? Did they have high and low beam? I have Bear Tracker and looking to find a brighter bulb that won't overheat wiring...

Old 11-29-2018, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I searched last winter but did not find anything to impressive to recomend. My machine uses auto headlamp bulbs so I could use the silverware bulbs but they do use extra power from the battery and with plowing in winter my battery cant afford to give up more power. Cold is hard on the led system that replaces your factory unit, not the led itself but the other parts of the system tha control the led, they have also had issues from excess vibration. In short if more illumination is needed most folks have just added the led light bars to there machines. Probably cheaper in the long run and less hassle to convert...at least that is my research findings!

Old 11-29-2018, 01:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

What about xenon bulbs? On the surface they appear to use less energy than LED and don't require special wiring. According to manufacturer they also still give you high and low beam which many reviews said was a problem with LED bulbs.