Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My sportsman build

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Must have bent the rim, and took out the tire also. There was a brand new tire, and mismatched rim on it. Everything else looks ok, including the a arms, and mounts.

Old 11-16-2017, 02:24 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerranger262
Must have bent the rim, and took out the tire also. There was a brand new tire, and mismatched rim on it. Everything else looks ok, including the a arms, and mounts.
Took a hard hit if it did all that. With this and the electrical problems,might be why your neighbor was fed up.Did he ever mentioned if he was banged up any? I've seen a lot a people walk away from atvs after an injury or having to change their under wear too many times...

Old 11-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

One thing to watch for on the models where the winch is high and the radiator is low, is if you go through a lot of mud. The quad will overheat even if you spray it out. The mud gets caught in the corners where a hose won't reach. Had to take radiator out and spray the corners clean. Hardened clay was stuck in there pretty good. Just a heads up.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:26 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had a handlebar to the guts at least once, and probably a few times. I forgot how many times but I didn't forget that feeling. I've never bent a rim before. I think it would have be a really hard hit to do that.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Took a hard hit if it did all that. With this and the electrical problems,might be why your neighbor was fed up.Did he ever mentioned if he was banged up any? I've seen a lot a people walk away from atvs after an injury or having to change their under wear too many times...
He bought a brand new Can Am, so he's still at it.

Old 11-16-2017, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
One thing to watch for on the models where the winch is high and the radiator is low, is if you go through a lot of mud. The quad will overheat even if you spray it out. The mud gets caught in the corners where a hose won't reach. Had to take radiator out and spray the corners clean. Hardened clay was stuck in there pretty good. Just a heads up.
I'll keep that in mind.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled my rad side covers off, makes rinsing rad out from the fan side out eadier. Left covrs off.

Keep the pics coming.

Old 11-18-2017, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider
Old 11-19-2017, 06:26 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Bumble Bee turned out very nice.. If it doesn't track straight, helping hands to hold the bars straight while you adjust toe in/out with a good straight 2x4 or aluminum stud would solve that. Or you could do as this guy did.

Attached Thumbnails My sportsman build-imag0050.jpg  
Old 11-19-2017, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Bumble Bee turned out very nice.. If it doesn't track straight, helping hands to hold the bars straight while you adjust toe in/out with a good straight 2x4 or aluminum stud would solve that. Or you could do as this guy did.
Picture makes it look like the toe in/out is out of whack.
I took a tape measure, and went from center of the tire in the front, and then the back, and it was within a 1/8".
This was with it up in the air. Not sure if it matters or not. I haven't really ridden it much, so I'll see.

Quick Reply: My sportsman build