Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My Dad "old polaris tech" has passed away

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Polaris was making an odd noise last night...I figured ‘no worries....i’ll post the symptoms and OPT will tell me the problem and how to fix it’. I was glad to have had his advice and guidance. I’m a better Polaris owner for knowing his online persona.

My my eternal gratitude OPT

The following users liked this post:
Hammer Anvil (01-26-2020)
Old 09-02-2018, 04:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never had the pleasure of chatting with him. Seems like a huge loss. Stay strong.

Old 09-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

I am very sad to hear of OPT's passing. He sure did help me alot of times. I sensed he was a great family man and member of his community. This forum is going to feel it's impact for a long time to come. Prayers for the family!

Regards,

R'

Old 10-24-2018, 12:15 PM
The Facility

Just now seeing this...I dont get on here much anymore. Hate to hear this news, he was a very contributing member on here and seemed like a great man. Sorry for your family's loss.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:11 PM
Horn Hunter

I just stopped in to see if he had been posting. He walked me through building my Polaris transmission,carburator and many other projects. He was always kind to me and never made fun of my lack of skills. I would have something apart one day and rush in from work to read what he told me to do.
He was patient and knowledgable and he shall be missed. I do not know of another member as good as he was on Polaris. I am sorry for your great loss and may God bless you all. You had a great Dad!

Old 02-13-2019, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

So sorry to hear. OPT helped me solve quite a few issues over the years. Myself and this site will surely miss his kind knowledge. RIP OPT!

Old 02-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer Anvil
I just stopped in to see if he had been posting. He walked me through building my Polaris transmission,carburator and many other projects. He was always kind to me and never made fun of my lack of skills. I would have something apart one day and rush in from work to read what he told me to do.
He was patient and knowledgable and he shall be missed. I do not know of another member as good as he was on Polaris. I am sorry for your great loss and may God bless you all. You had a great Dad!
Well put.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:31 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Somehow i missed this post i had wondered why i had not seen anything... Sorry for your loss

Old 02-23-2019, 08:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My apologies for just seeing that OPT passed away. Condolences to you and the rest of the family.

OPT was an amazing person and an encyclopedia of Polaris knowledge. He helped me with my 1987 Trail Boss and even though I was a total newbie on atv repair he was always so kind and patient. He also went out of his way to find diagrams to explain things which was so appreciated. He was a great man and it was sincerely my honor to have had numerous exchanges with him. All of us will miss him.

RIP and God bless.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow just saw this! Have to say....I am on a LOT of forums and he is well into my memories as a guy who knew his stuff and was always happy to help. What a great guy! Rest in piece sir and thank you for your contributions to life!

Quick Reply: My Dad "old polaris tech" has passed away