Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

First race of Year on TB

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2001, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

brokemybanshee,
Keep in mind that a stock Blazer like your friends and the Blazer that xscrambler is riding are FAR from being the same machines.

Old 04-28-2001, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer

Hi xscrambler

Just out of curiosity do you remember which kind of quad you were getting ready to overtake?

Old 04-28-2001, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

It was a Blaster with a ct240 kit extended swingare extened a-arms good shocks. The guy bought it this year from a goy who used to race it 2 year or so ago an it was fast then an has not be changed. He went wide in a corrner so I jumped to the inside an we both made the first double jump then I was pushed to the left side of the double to talbletop jump an it was the hightest point of the jump I hit it wide open a flew pretty far an landed hard an broke the chain.

Old 04-28-2001, 07:10 PM
Trailblazer

we had a sport 400 that we tried and tried and tried to race mx with yes we broke many many chains and sprockets but that is the minor stuff your machine (or ours)was not built for mx and will not take the abuse you will SHACK your nice machine i would reccomend a purpose built machine trx250r,lt250r

Old 04-28-2001, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

Well mine is built for MX now it has been a stought quad. Each year in the first couple race I have the chain problem an usally get it strighten out an have very little problem with it.
I know with the 400 the weight of they really cause alot of the problems. The problem I am haveing now is my fault bye not replaceing the rubber rebound in the rear shock. I left it out an now it can traver those extea distant where it will break unless i leave the chain so lose that with the chain tensioner it is push agenst the swing arm. No sence giving up now have been running it for 3 1/2 year in MX racing. I have 2 3rds for the year an a forth.

Old 05-12-2001, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

$th race of the year is done now after having chain breakage for the first 3 races. To start the night off was late to the track so could only put one lap in for practis. In the heat race I tolk off at the start an was in around 1st or 2nd for the hole shot an the plug fouls out on me so did not get a fast lap in. Fixed it put new plug in a lowered the neddle down run great. The final an I take the hole shot over the CT240 Blaster the blaster broke an tie rod an I had no problem an tolk the win with a half lap lead to secound. It was just flying to noght they made a new track for this night. I was making space on the other quad throught the woops could get on top of the last four an dloubed the first 3 sets of two. So the Polaris heled up an walked away with the win.

Old 05-12-2001, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Thats great, I love hearing about Polaris doing well in the races, especially the understated Blazer.

Old 05-12-2001, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

Sweet! Congratulations man. I can't believe that you are winning a 240 Blaster. You must really fly on that machine.

Old 05-12-2001, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

Underrated is right I get the treak crew telling me when was having the chain problem I should buy a differt machine. That is the way most people look at them as not worthy of being out there you would be better off to get a honda or somthing else then my Polaris. I love the idea that is the way they look at it because when you do win it just prove they can race well with the work needed to get them moving well. Can't wait till next week now an hope the Blaster dosen't break down so can beat him running.

Old 05-12-2001, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

Where are you racing at? I compete in Minnesota District 23 Motocross, HareScrambles, and Cross Country events. I don't recall seeing a Polaris Trailblazer at the track, let alone seeing one in the front of the pack. Are you racing in non-district events? Just curious?

If you have a real passion for the sport. I encourage you to get out and race some D23 events. Instead of racing against one or two Blaster's. You will be up against 70-80 quads.

Quick Reply: First race of Year on TB