Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hey BillC, How is That New Pipe?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2001, 08:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you put it on yet? Inquiring minds want to know!

Old 04-25-2001, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

As a matter of fact,I installed the PSI pipe and Scrambler silencer this past Sunday.

As most of you know,Rick Ritter called me a few wks ago.He was reading some of my posts and knew I was not happy with my Dynoport pipe/silencer.

He told me to send the PSI pipe to him and he'd attempt to fix its low end problem.He added 2 more inches to the pipe stock and modified the end of it so I could EASILY install a Scrambler silencer.Rick did a fine job.Everything went together well.I modified some clamps for the silencer,it holds great.

The pipe now hits alot better in the low range and it SMOKES butt after 1/4 throttle.This pipe will TOTALLY destroy the ''Dynopit''pipe.I am pretty damn happy with my pipe now.I did have to do some re-jetting from the stock 210 up to 230,but thats the price you pay when you get a pipe that actually PERFORMS for you.And guess what?My db sound is now legal to.

00 Xplorer 400cc 4x4
Modified PSI pipe w/Scrambler silencer
Delta V-Force reeds w/spacer kit
RcR airbox mods
Hot Seat clutch kit
Gary Box's custom made brass brake pads
Custom Utility Box
26 inch Mudrunners,and more

If you want to come in second ''FOLLOW ME''

Old 04-26-2001, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

You should be damn close to being able to write a book on Explorer pipes!! Im glad your search has come to a good end It just goes to show what great service RCR has to offer!!

Old 04-26-2001, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

Thats one thing i will say about rick I have only talked to him a couple times but from what i have seen He is 100% customer Satifaction. I know if i buy a pipe it will be from him. maybe he should start making the pipe for production like he made yours?

Old 04-26-2001, 03:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well,
actually Rick was the first person I did order a pipe from.He sent me a HDP pipe for a 99 Xplorer.Unknown to him or I that the shifter position was changed from a 99 to a 00 Xplorer,and his pipe never did fit.

Unlike ''Dynopit'',Rick willfully and happily took back his pipe and gave me a FULL refund plus shipping back.

When a customer spends 460 dollars PLUS [I bought the V-force reeds from Dyno also]and does not get what he ordered on over the phone,the wrong parts will GO BACK and they did.I sent this jerks pipe and silencer along with a certified letter back to him yesterday.Included also was a letter from the Cheif Park Ranger that I failed the db sound level and was asked to leave the riding area until I meet the legal db sound level.

I am now pretty pleased with this pipe.I have one more performance thing ''up my sleeve'' that is NOT related to pipes.It is related to clutching.I wont bring up an OLD story for to long,but it is in regards to the HEEL CLICKERS clutch kit.This kit is tested and suppose to finally be COMPLETE.My order has been in for OVER a yr now.I got pissed and ordered the HOT SEAT clutch kit and aint real impressed for the 159$ that I spent on it.I would NOT order the complete HS clutch kit again.I was at the dealership yesterday,the Heel Clickers were installed on a NON HO Sportsman w/EBS.When they drag raced the non HO equipped Sportsman against the HO Sportsman,the non HO beat the HO very badly in every phase of the race.SUPPOSEDLY,my Heel Clickers are suppose to be deleiverd on Monday.It figures,I order and install the HS kit,and a few wks later the Clickers are done after a yr wait for them?I told Steve [Polaris mechanic] I'll beleive it when I see them!
Bill

Old 04-26-2001, 04:07 AM
Pro Rider

Cripes!! I did a search on heel clickers and came up with the whole SIX page post!! Man what an interesting read!! At least let us know what it does or doesnt do, This is my first time of reading of such a kit??

Old 04-26-2001, 04:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Todd,
dont hold your breath to long waiting.This kit was suppose to be done a yr ago and by some STRANGE coincidence a few wks after I install my HS seat kit,there done?FISHY maybe?

Yes,I do hope they are done and in,however,im not betting my life on it?
Bill

Old 04-26-2001, 07:58 AM
Trailblazer

Bill, it's good news that you like that pipe and it passes the noise test! I might just give Rick a call and see if he wants to do another. Any idea on the cost? I'm heading down to the H/M trail this weekend so I'll check it out when I get back later next week.

Old 04-26-2001, 08:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Xplorman,
I would call Rick and see if he still has the specs from my PSI pipe and use it along with Ricks Scrambler silencer.Have Rick order everything for you cause you'll just have to send the pipe back to Rick for modification.With everything[pipe/silencer],you should be around 250-300 dollars I beleive.

I am leaving for the HM trailhead this coming Thursday the 3rd.I will be staying until the following Monday.Sounds like you wont still be there?

Old 04-26-2001, 09:03 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info Bill.

I'm leave for H/M on Sunday and will return home on Wed. night or Thurs. morning. It looks like I'm going to just miss you . If you get there early, I'll be staying at the Logan Motor Lodge. Look for a white Grand Cherokee with two Xplorers on the trailer.

Quick Reply: Hey BillC, How is That New Pipe?!?