Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2006 sportsman efi ho x2

Search this Thread

Old Today, 02:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2006 sportsman efi ho x2

i have a 2006 polaris sportsman 500 ho efi x2 and this atv has been sitting for a few years all because it wasnt charging properly and one day it dies and wont restart, i must note that i wasnt the one riding it so i cannot give much information to what it did other than what i was told. i decided to take it out to try to get it repaired and even though i have battery voltage and voltage at some kind of big black box with 4 bigger gauge wires going to it with a rubber cover over it. i cannot seem to get anything on the cluster nor do i have any headlights, clicks, pops, or any noise indicating life. i have crossed the solenoid with a screwdriver to verify i have enough amperage to turn the engine over but cannot get anything when trying to turn it over by the key. is there any way to bypass the ecm or something to where i can start the bike to make sure it is going to run or what can i do to check as to what is causing me not to get any life when i turn the key on. also i should note that i will need any explanations dumbed down as i really am not good at diagnosing anymore but i have no choice on this particular matter unfortunately. i was told of a ecm recall but i dont even know if this bike is covered or not. i hope this isnt too drawn out but i really need help and i cannot afford to go to a shop at the moment. thanks for any help that yall can give.