Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

RcR Stage 1 Installed...Have a couple questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I finally got all the parts I needed to get my Sport going after the little "spill" that I took. While I was waiting I installed my new RcR Stage 1 kit. I could tell the difference as soon as I fired up the quad. I really like the new sound. I warmed it up and then babied it around for a while then I got on to it. I really didn't notice a huge difference, but I'd imagine that it is cause I hadn't driven it for about 3 weeks. I know that it really did add more power because before I would have to stand up and pull to do a wheelie, now it will do one right at the start, without holding the brake or anything. Anyway, my question is....Since I went up about 4 sizes on the main jet, do I have to worry about adjusting the ammount of oil that the quad is getting? I didn't see anything about it in Rick's instructions, but I just wanted to make sure. Also, when I rolled my quad I broke the throttle assembly so I had to put a new one on. How do I make sure that It is opening all the way? I had my airbox off when I installed it and I could look in the carb and see it opening all the way, but then after I started riding I adjusted the throttle from the adjustment on the handlebars and now I'm just worried that I may have screwed something up. My knowledge of ATV's is rather limited, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Josh

Old 05-21-2001, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Your engine should be getting plenty of oil. I think it is set a little rich at the factory. I have had my RCR kit on my Scrambler for several months and it is working out fine.

Just make sure you have some free play in your throttle lever, everything else should be OK.

Enjoy.

'96 Scrambler w/RCR Stage 1 Kit, K&N filter, and Boyesen Power Reeds.

Old 05-22-2001, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

What size main jet did you install? Did you change position of the needle?