Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

A GREAT LAUGH ON OUR LAST RIDE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 09:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last tuesday we gathered ten riders for our normal ride night and decided to go to a different place than we usually do. At this spot there is a pond and one of the riders(Jamie) pulled up to the edge of the pond with the front of the quad facing the pond. Then another rider(Kenny) pulled up behind Jamie and started pushing his quad toward the water. Jamie decided he was gonna push back, so he put his Magnum 500 in reverse and 4wd and gave it gas. Well, Jamie's quad's back end drove right up the front of Kenny's quad so that Jamies was standing on its nose! Jamie tried to hold his balance but couldnt and ended up diving head first off of his quad and, you quessed it, ended up landing head first in the pond! I think we all laughed for an hour! The water was only a few inches deep at the edge of the pond which made it even funnier(after we knew he wasnt hurt).

If anyone else has a humorous moment they would like to share, please post it here.

Old 05-23-2001, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

not too funny for me,but yesterday i rear ended my brother-in-laws foreman, my raptor stood straight up on its nose,my legs were kind of hooked down by the tires , so i was leaning out and holding onto the back rack of the foreman,with my raptor pushing down on top of me,i was probably leaning forward at a 45 degree angle, so instead of pulling my raptor back and down on its wheels,he pulls his foreman out away(my only support) then i go face first into the dirt with my atv on top of me, then it fell on its side and got a few scratches and white lines from bent plastic, i need a new bumper though, i just thought it was funny that he pulls his atv out of the way, and when i was laying on the ground holding my stomach(from hitting his rack) i was mostly looking to be sure my raptor was ok, that tells us our priorities doesnt it?

Old 05-23-2001, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Last summer we attempted to cross a brook, well these kids were swimming there and told us the lowest part to cross about a foot deep, well bud on his 400 Xpress decides to just head across were ever, these kids said hey man that is like 6 feet deep, bud in all his wisdom say I will float anyway! yeah right he sunk like a rock, went over the handlebars taking his choke lever with him and got drenched, the look on his face when he resurfaced was so funny, all that was sticking of the water was a little bit of his back rack, it only took us 45 minutes to get it back running. We laughed at him for days over that. Why he thought me might float is beyond me.

Old 05-23-2001, 12:21 PM
Trailblazer

You know how when you're driving a car on slippery roads and you get your wheels over too far and it kind of wants to 'suck you into the ditch'? Well, quads aren't immune to this. It happened to me along my county road last winter. It was snowing like crazy, and there was already about a foot of snow on the ground, and the plow hadn't been through yet. I was cruising along at a good clip and got my right wheels into the deeper stuff.... SLUUUURRRRRP! The quad went into the ditch, nose down (my wife saw it happen and said the quad stood vertical for a split second before it settled down). Needless to say, I went supermaning over the bars and landed (POOF) in about three feet of snow (the ditch was drifted straight across). The only damage was to my pride. Oh, and it took an hour to chip all the snow & ice out from around the engine (gotta get me a heated garage).

I ride on the road (a deserted county road in the middle of nowhere) maybe once every other YEAR, and only for about a quarter mile (to the neighbors house this time) and this time the snow in the field was too deep... So go figure I'd have to dump it then. Serves me right, I guess. It HAD to be funny as hell to watch, but my wife never cracked a smile (though I'm sure she wanted to).

Old 05-24-2001, 09:51 AM
Trailblazer

Funny how most amusing 4 wheeler incidents are begun with the phrase " it will get through there, no problem". On our last ride we ended up sunk in a lake! Had to winch out the machines and dry them out. So I guess we did get through... Don't know about the no problem part though.