Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The BEST?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-1999, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the best 4x4? I ride through rivers, trails, and pull A LOT i like the Polaris Magnum 500 but i am not sure if i liek the idea of a belted tranny, will it break down? I am pulling a lot more than rated but who doesnt? so when i can barely pull something and finnally it goes all that stress is going to the Belt, although i liek the true 4 wheel drive, and the versitility of being able to go from 2wd to 4wd .......what atv would you reccomend, also take into consideration that i need a big-bore to power through the terrain up here in minnesota (mora, a little town in MN)

Chris

Old 12-12-1999, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Didn't you just have a post just like this and you wouldn't listen to anything, that was said,you already had your mind made up.Why start over with same thing,Not trying to pi@# you off just wondered why?

Old 12-12-1999, 08:34 PM
Range Rover

The mag is the best pulling atv I have ever owned. My guess is that the rubicon will be better though. Just because honda is never worried about any kind of speed in their utility atv's. They are just for work. If you want the ultimate pulling machine though, get the diesel.

Old 12-13-1999, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

I know where mora is Clindst. Im from cloquet.. I am sure the magnum 500 is all you
need. Maybe its time to get a shaft drive machine. My year 2000 xpedition 425 cc 5 speed, water cooled, shaft drive, with 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive 5 speed shifting has the power to pull or push what you need done.
I almost never use first gear 4 wheel drive, but its there when I need it.

rangerchet. chet lake. y2k, polaris xpedition 425cc 5 speed........

Old 12-13-1999, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YAM8,WHERE ARE YOU? Anyway,he would tell you to buy the Grizz, it is the best of the best, the mightiest of all, king of all 4x4s, simply the most magnifying of all.Noting will EVER go wrong with the Grizz, I just thought I'd save you from hearing it,cause thats EXACTLY what YAM8 will tell you.LOL LOL BILL

------------------

Old 12-13-1999, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

Nothing that we make can't break, just some things seem to be stronger than others.
The Grizzly has the biggest engine and has the most towing capacitie, right.
And when if it is in 2wd and you want it not too force so much just hit the 4wd and on flat ground you will get full 4wd. Atleast it will be in.
I know i love the Grizz, but hey what can i say, the best is the best and the only thing that could be better is that honda rubicon, maybe.

Old 12-13-1999, 07:13 PM
Range Rover

yam8,

Say What?!?!?!? You were doing pretty good up till after the 2nd line, then I don't know what happened. You typing too fast for your brain to keep up or what????

Glenn.

Trending Topics

Old 12-14-1999, 12:36 AM
Range Rover

yeah! some machines do have a higher towing capacity......... maybe you should look into that a little further. (Mag500 and Sp500 are rated at 1,225lbs!!!) (grizzly = not quite)we all know they are not the best pulling machines so stop kidding yourself yam8.

Old 12-14-1999, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

I think i may wait until the Rubicon comes out it has 3 drive modes[recreation, max torque, and esp (to manually shift) It is also auto or manuel and does not use the traditional belt drive it uses the hydrolic pump which happens ot be maintainence free
also weighs less, it is a limited slip but it is torue sencing but it i have probs ill get a locker

------------------

Old 12-14-1999, 10:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

First of all you are from Minnesota so that should limit you to Polaris and Arctic Cat. The only atvs a Minnesotent should buy. A Polaris Atv with the belt drive will pull a large amount the thing you should be worried about is how to stop. The belt will do what you ask of it just as long as you know when to use low.