Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

DG PIPES

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-1999, 01:40 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have a DG pipe on there bike? I found out the only pipe available for my old 1993 TB is from DG. I know the RCR pipe is a good pipe (not available for my machine) but I have heard nothing about the DG. I want to increase low-mid power. Any information is appreciated about DG pipes.

Old 12-28-1999, 11:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure FMF doesnt make one? Sometimes they just dont list the least popular models.

Old 12-29-1999, 03:43 AM
Range Rover

hey, i see hpd makes one. they are alittle expensive. i don't know how they run, but i think they are one of the better pipes i hear about. i know hotseat are supposed to be crappy. hmm, lets check the aaen makes one too, just looked in their catalog. yeah, they make one for the trailblazer too. i'd think that it would be better to go with one of these manufacturers that deal strictly with polaris when modifying. thats just my opinion. i just figure they would probably be better at giving you exactly what you want to suit your riding style. i'm gathering information so when i plan to modify my scrambler (probably as soon as the warranty is up) i know what kind of pipe i want. i think its going to have to be an rcr from what i read about them. can't believe they don't have a trailblazer pipe. they have something listed on their web site under pipes and has trailblazer listed, but under it it just says something about rcr giving more power... and no price or anything.. so who knows. but there are a bunch of names out there that deal with polaris. shop around. i never heard anything about dg either.

bigdevil/400 scrambler

Old 12-29-1999, 03:51 AM
Range Rover

hey weedy, i was just looking through some postings on here, someone was jsut talking about getting an rcr pipe for their trailblazer. go to the topic "HPD OR RCR"

Old 12-29-1999, 03:55 AM
Range Rover

ha, me again. sorry, i didn't realize that you had a "'93 tb" i just glanced at it and assumed trailblazer. is it a trailblazer, or a trail boss? they didn't make trail blazers in '93, did they? well anyhow, maybe one of those names will have a pipe for you. good luck

bigdevil/'99 scrambler 400

Old 12-29-1999, 10:00 AM

Bigdevil
How did you get those catalogs? RCR makes a pipe for the 96-99 Trail Boss but it does not make one for the old stuff like my 1993. I called Rick and he said he has an RCR 1 kit for my Trail Boss it is just a DG pipe instead of an RCR pipe. I have had performance pipes before on my motocross bikes and the brand DOES make a diference with my CR 125s. Has anyone ever had a DG pipe on an ATV?

Old 12-29-1999, 10:03 AM

FMF does not show one on their webpage. They seem to concentrate on Ymaha Banchees and Honda 300/400 EXs (Racing Quads). Iheard from a buddy that HPD has had quality problems??????????????

Trending Topics

Old 12-29-1999, 12:08 PM
Range Rover

hpd has a site on here its www.hpd-inc.com/index.html aaen, you have to e-mail them for a catalog its.. aaenperf@wi.net if you say that rcr uses dg for the tb, then i would imagine its pretty decent. i don't think he would tell you to put something crappy on. well, goodluck

bigdevil/'99 scrambler 400

Old 01-08-2000, 12:57 AM
Trailblazer

Well our friend has a 96 trail blazer with an aaen pipe and clutch mods and we went to the sand all with paddles and razors on the front and we raced him with my wifes trail boss only mod at the time was altered air box and K&N same weight riders. 3 out of 3, we took off, he beat me out of the hole and I passed him and at the end I was in front of him by 1 quad length. I was not impressed with the aaen pipe when I passed it with a stock pipe! Ride Safe David

Old 01-08-2000, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider

I rode a Trailblazer with a Aean Pipe. I noticed very little increase in power. It just seemed to have a little quicker acceleration. Nothing more than that.

Another thing I didn't like about the pipe is that it sticks out of the back of your quad about 2 inches.

About HPD/hotseat pipes, I talked to a guy at my polaris dealership(just some guy looking not the owner) and he said he bought a HPD pipe and it was junk, he haid it blew out or something like that.

I just ordered my RCR kit this week, i am going to post a review of it on my webpage when I get my Trailblazer back together.

I know you guys are talking about a Trailboss, but all the pipes are probably the same.