Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My POLARIS is Junk

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 12:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quadfather, thanks for the info. I had bought a gas cap that had a gauge in it so I took the old one and drilled a hole into it and ran some neoprene hose out the top and vented it into the front of the quad. I haven't had a chance to see if this worked out or not yet but I am going to Wayne national forest this weekend and I will give it a try. If that fixes it, in all reality, I will be severely ticked off that they could sell me a quad with that problem from the very beginning. With it being out of warranty now it has really become a problem. It was doing it 6 months after I bought it without any mods having been done to the bike. I am slowly getting it narrowed down, but the bottom line is that I should never have seen a problem like this with any bike. Thanks for the info again.

Balzak
2000 modded up and sometimes working scrambler 400
(when it works though it works great)

Old 06-21-2001, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry Bubbaquad it's been a long day.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 06-21-2001, 02:48 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 2000 400 Explorer and cant seem to keep it out of the repair shop, 300 miles and so far one set of brakes, broken swing arm bolt, and broken foot rest. I'm 60 and dont drive that hard, My son has a 500 ho Scrambler with 250 miles and that been in for warenty repair already, all the front bushings need to be replaced. Polaris is a piece of crap , thats the eay I see it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2001, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

I would have to agree with Hypersport. I also bought a Polaris TrailBoss only because it's a 2X4 not a 4X4. Most of the stuff I read seems to pertain to the 4X4 models. So far (after only 3months) so good. The thing does make a noise from the tranny before it starts to "free wheel", but I was told this is normal. If it ends up being a problem(probably 1 day after the warranty runs out)I will kick myself in the butt for not getting anothe Kawasaki, but for the price of the TrailBoss I figured I'd give it a shot.

Old 06-21-2001, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Balzak:

I was at the Wayne two weeks ago. It was in pretty good shape. We stayed at CampOhio, and then trailered our quads down to Long Ridge. It is a really nice area. It was the first time I've rode that section. Not as challenging as Snake Hollow or Dorr Run, but very enjoyable, nonetheless. Enjoy the trip, be safe, drink plenty of beer, and listen to plenty of Heavy Metal.

Old 06-21-2001, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

I was the one that saw some one selling vented gas caps for Polaris on E-Bay. They were a reasonable price, and he said that he tests them before he mails them out. Do a search on E-Bay if you need one.

Old 06-21-2001, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer

OK, now that I have whined about my bike…time to fix it. I have removed the outer shaft and CV housing. The very end of the shaft (from the front differential) has a small amount of spline just past the Circlip which is chewed up a bit, but the main portion of spline is OK. So can I file down the very end of the shaft and use it?

Also the pin, spring past the u-joint at the differential, how do I get it out and can it be reused?
If I can I would like to remove it all and take it to a CV shop, because I am unsure of the repair kits (if the kits work well, someone let me know).

COME ON BROTHEREN, I STILL AM A POLARIS RIDER, just an unhappy one this week.
Thank for the support guys, because my wife, well she just don’t get it (the obsession with ATV)

Old 06-21-2001, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

We are all bound to vent once in a while! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2001, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

LONG LIVE POLARIS!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

2000 SCAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 06-22-2001, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

Hey BigBubba I had a 87 Honda TRX 350 4X4 and that thing was in the shop more than I rode it. The last time I took it in to the dealership that I bought it from told me that they will not work on it again there mechanic refused to look at it so I sold it as is and I bought a 99 Sportsman and a 99 Scrambler I think all manufactures have there lemon and yours might be it. I do have allot more maintenance with Polaris but no repairs. I think if you keep up on the maintenance and not tear you quad up when you ride it will last a long time that is if it is not a factory lemon. The only complaint I have about my Polaris is how heavy both machines are I wish Polaris would trim down there quads. I look at Polaris as the Ford of ATV's they don't have the reliabilty like a Toyota or other well known car manufactures but they do have the leading technology and I hope this year they can show us again leading technology with a new Sportman to be King of the utility quads once again.
One last thing for those of you in Utah check this out http://www.rockcrawler.org/events.htm the Rock Crawler nationals in Cedar city July 12-14 check it out.

My Pics

Quick Reply: My POLARIS is Junk