Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

A Question for a real polaris expert.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to know if there is anything that can be done to polaris atv's, mainly my trailblazer that costs no money but will improve either throttle response, hp, or anything. I know some quads benefit from things such as removing parts of exhausts or something anything like this for a polaris, im new to this board so sorry if its been asked b/4. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-17-2001, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

"Speed costs money, how fast you wanna go."

To be completely honest the cheapest best upgrade I would suggest would be a UFO for the carb. They run about $30 and help throttle response.

Old 07-17-2001, 12:41 PM
Trailblazer

Whats a UFO? And who carries them?

Old 07-17-2001, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally they were used on snowmobiles and then people started using them on quads. Everyone that uses them loves them. All it does is smooth the airflow going through the carb. You can get them through Hot Seat or your local dealer can order them from the snowmobile catalog from Marshall Distributing.

Old 07-17-2001, 02:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here are just a few tricks that I did to my 1996 Trail Blazer. First of all, take your air box apart and cut off the plastic tube that sticks down into the center of the filter so that it is about 2" long. Second, replace the stock air filter with either a K&N or Uni filter. I prefer the Uni because it will do a little better job of filtering out the real fine dust if you run in a really dry area. Both of these tricks will allow you to get better air flow to the carb. Any time an engine breathes easier, it will usually run better. I didn't have to mess with any carb air screw settings by doing this but each machine has a mind of it's own so see how yours runs. The last thing I can suggest is to pick up a larger front sprocket. I increased mine by one tooth and didn't loose any low end power. Don't really know what I gained on the top end but, in theory, it should have increased a little. As UGLG95 said, speed costs money. Good luck..

Old 07-17-2001, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

For under $20 you can change the primary spring in the clutch & gain some oomph off the line & acceleration.
When I changed mine I went from 33 to 37 MPH in the same distance, plus the front wheels come off the ground pretty easy now.
White spring helps some off start & acceleration, with NO loss of top speed
Green helps more than the white off the line, but may lose a MPH or so top speed.

Leaning out the fuel mix will often help throttle response, but do NOT go too lean, or you will scuff or sieze the piston.

Old 07-17-2001, 04:47 PM
Trailblazer

thanks guys thats the kinda things i was looking for......as for the white spring what about it do u change?? or can i just go to a dealer and ask them what kind i want ?

Old 07-17-2001, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

Where are you at in Leeper? You must work in Marienville, huh? We have a camp on Guitonville Road in Muzette.

Jack Schultz
www.GoDigital-Design.com/SchultzMotorsports

Old 07-18-2001, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

I am actually on the Tionesta side of Leeper (actually Tylersburg). Yes I do work at Marienville, but don't tell too many people - LOL. Actually come to think of it your name sounds familiar, did you ever order any parts off me? If so hope I gave you good service, if not hey no ones perfect. Rest easy, ride hard.

Old 07-18-2001, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, so how much will a green spring cost for a 99 xplor 400, does it mess anything up at all? also how long will it take to install?? Also, best place to buy it, as far as internet.

Quick Reply: A Question for a real polaris expert.!!!!!!!!!!!!