Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

25 Inch Kenda Bear Claws

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2000, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone running 25 Inch Kenda Bear Claws? I am trying to find out if the Bear Claws size runs the same as the Dunlops. Do they run big or small or what?
AC

Old 01-23-2000, 10:39 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

I bought a set for the rear of my 1993 Trail Boss 2X4 2 months ago and love them. They work great in mud and sand. yOU WILL really NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE! They were an inch taller than the stock Goodyears I replaced. Check with Discount Tire Co. because if you oder them from them...mounting is FREE.

My local Discount store could not get them so I bought them from Chapparral Racing for $116 delivered to the house (for a PAIR). sHIPPING TOOK 5 DAYS.

Old 01-23-2000, 10:56 PM
Range Rover

I am running 25s front and rear and love them but not sure if they ran big or small. You can see a few pics if you click on the link.

------------------
Steve Thompson 99 Scrambler 500

<a href="http://briefcase.yahoo.com/myscrambler">My Scrambler</a>

Old 01-23-2000, 11:52 PM
Range Rover

real cool pictures Srambler.

Old 01-24-2000, 07:44 AM
Pro Rider

Mounted on my Sportsman 25” Kenda Bear Claws inflated to proper specs measured 25 3/8” tall in the rear and 24 ½” tall in front. This was ¾” taller than the stock rears and ¼” taller than the stock fronts. I’m currently turning Goodyear Mud Runners but liked the Bear Claws a lot and would buy them again. The Claws are on my wife’s Mag500 now, with the exception of the fronts. I had 10” wide fronts on my SP and felt like it was just too much rubber up there. When we put them on her bike I bought 8” wide Claws for the front and they turn much lighter. The 10”s are for sale if anyone is interested.

The Claws are a lightweight tire and don’t suck up horsepower like Vamps and Mud Runners. They have a 4-ply “rating”, which doesn’t necessarily mean they’re 4-ply, but we’ve had no problems with punctures. If I have any complaint about them it would be that their soft rubber seams to wear a little more quickly than other, harder tires but that wouldn’t stop me from buying them again.

------------------
FloodRunner, on the Wisconsin River

Old 01-24-2000, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

FLOOD RUNNER;i have to claws on the old 425 magnum I have them front and back.I to think they wear faster but I think that is due to thier tracktion ability.I know when ever I put tires on the old farm truck(4x4)if I had good traction I had to give up longivity.I'll have them on my new one,I really like the way they handle and are real aggressive in the hard pack.I think they are easier steering.

------------------
THE FORMER CORNCOB2

Old 01-24-2000, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Gentelmen,

I will be leaving this post up for more comments. This is the first I have heard of them being soft.
As for them being a light weight tire? Compared to what? Go to http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ and look at the weight of them. I think they are heavy.

AC

Trending Topics

Old 01-25-2000, 08:01 AM
Pro Rider

They are lightweight compared to the “true” mudders. And they really aren’t true mudders in a class with Vamps, Mud Runners, Bi/Tri Claws and such. But they do sometimes get thrown in with these tires in some of the magazine’s mud tire shootouts, hence the comparison.

They’re a great all-around tire, great over obstacles and rocks, great in the snow and good in the mud, not great in the mud. They have a lot of biting, grabbing edges but they don’t have the depth of tread or ability to clean out that makes a great mud tire. They spin and turn easier than the mudders though. Everything in life is a comprimise.

------------------
FloodRunner, on the Wisconsin River

Old 01-25-2000, 09:51 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

floodrunner is right. All around tires are hard to beat.

Old 01-25-2000, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

Thank You

therock

Quick Reply: 25 Inch Kenda Bear Claws