Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Problems.....Again????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2000, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the ignition is not turned on all the way the condition you described could happen. Also, if the started gets wet and frozen the solenoid will not engage and it acts dead. If that is the case the machine needs to be dried out. I plow a lot and it happens once or twice a year under certain conditions. Fortunately the SP500 starts real easy with one pull even when it's in the teens.

Old 01-24-2000, 11:56 PM
Range Rover

Jack, I've got the heat on it right now, it was cold out the other day when it happened. Order of occurence 1) speedo died 2)running rough and missing 3)stalled and twine pulled it to run. I'm going to crawl around under it tomorrow and look for sticks and any broken wires, see if I can find a short or something.

Old 01-25-2000, 12:25 PM
Range Rover

SWAC,

Your in Canada, right? If your going to have to contact the Canadian headquarters. There is a guy there named Gerard Delacky. Not sure on the spelling of the name. He is very nice and accomodating. I have had about half as many probs as you did with my 2000 SP500 and now is running perfectly. But I complained, let's just say, vigorously about the probs I had on a brand new quad. My dealer backed up my complaints as well and that was important because this way Gerald knew that I wasn't driving this thing off cliffs or anything. He apologized for my problems and hoped there was something he could do. I told "Ya, give me back my money". We got to talking and it ended up he extened my warranty to a year. So that helped my confidence quite a bit. NOt to mention my dealer was also very accomodating by doing a full service on the machine for free while it awaited parts. When I picked it up I was happy to have it back! I have had no probs since. If you want more details email me - "glenn_spurrell @ trancanada . com" - everything between the quotes and remove all spaces.

Glenn.

Old 01-25-2000, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glen,that was very good advice to Swac,I hope he e-mails you and takes your advice.==BILL

------------------

Old 01-27-2000, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

Just another "lemon" sent out from the awesome Polaris factory. Gosh, there is excellent quality put into these machines!

Old 01-28-2000, 01:43 PM
Range Rover

Shut up Stocker you moron.

Old 01-28-2000, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

SWAC- I feel your pain, With other products that I have owned.

My advice in the long run.

Trade, Sell Trade, Sell.Trade, Sell. Trade, Sell. Trade, Sell. Yea I know it sucks.