Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Guys, I need your help...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

Well, this isn't Polaris related, but you guys have always given me good advice, and I trust that you'd never stear me down the wrong road.

I'll sum it up quick...

If you had the choice between a 1999 Banshee, Stock, that was in Fair Condition (right rear fender has crack, rear grab bar is bent up, and it is scratched up quite a bit...no big gouges) for $3000 or a 2000 Banshee that was in very good condition (just the basic scratches) for $4000 what would you pic?

The thing that I am thinking is...I could take the extra $1000 I save and get new plastics, and a grab bar for the 1999 easily, and it would look brand new. Since I haven't watched how either has been ridden, either motor could go at any time regardless of the condition of the plastic. At least if the engine goes in the 1999, I could take what was left over from the Plastics and grab bar, and rebuild it.

What do you guys think?

Sorry for posting this on the Polaris forum, but I really trust you guys. Thanks.

-Josh

Old 07-25-2001, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

How dare you invade our immaculate Polaris forum with that Yamaha talk! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hahahahahahahahahaha...

If both are near you I would suggest looking over both thoroughly. Check compression, tires/rims, starting and over-all functioning of every little part and check the shocks for leakage or wear. If the 99 looks good get it and, like you said, add some spankin' new plastic and it may leave you some extra money for a few gizmos![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Josh, If you get a banshee I will have to pipe my raptor for when you come up! If i get beat bny two Banshees, I will never hear the end of it from Zorro![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2001, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Brian!

I'm going to go over it with a fine tooth comb tomorrow. I'm going to have the cash on hand. When I looked at it tonight, I didn't even know the price (the owner wasn't where the Banshee was) so I didn't look over it too carefully. Just the basics. I didn't talk to him until after, and then I couldn't go back and look at it again cause it was getting late. My girlfriend was getting cranky [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (just kidding).

That one is not far from me at all. 20 mins or so. It's about a centered as you can get between my parents house (where I ride) and where I live. So that's good. The other shee's are in Canada (up near you), and there are a few on Ebay. I was looking at one last week that was a 2000 for $4000 that was about an hour from where I live, but the guy sold it before my loan got approved. The ones in Canada are only 40 and 50 mins from me, so they wouldn't be a big deal to look at, but I guess it depends on how this one runs.

Also remember, if I go up I'm bringing my riding buddies with me. One has a Banshee with a K&N filter (looking at pipes now), and the other one has plans to get a Banshee in the near future. Zorro would be in Banshee Heaven! I don't know though, a stock Banshee isn't as fast as a Raptor right? You will probably "lay the smack down" on us. Especially me who has been pamperd with the auto-clutch for way to long now....hehe.

Regardless of what happens, I look forward to riding with you guys. Thanks for the reply.

-Josh

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]