Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

TRAIL BALZER PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 02:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HERES THE PROBLEM I GIVE IT GAS & IT DIES IT JUST BOGS DOWN & GOES REAL SLOW NO MATTER HOW MUCH THROTTLE I GIVE IT.I CHANGED THE JET FROM 130 TO 140 (WINTER)TO 130,TRHEN IT STARTED ACTING UP.DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE WHATS CAUSING THIS.PLEASE HELP

Old 07-27-2001, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe your fuel line has a small peice of dirt in it .that would clog it up and most likeley cause it to bog ...also check to see if your gas cap is on to tight sometimes you can overtighten them and block the air flow from out side into the gas tank .when i over tightened mine it would bog and then die too..all you have to do is loosen it a bit ..hope i helped :mike

Old 07-27-2001, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

Pull the air box and carb. Remove the drain plug at the bottom of the bowl. Probably has a little water or dirt in it. You can also replace the plug and make sure the air filter is clean.

Old 07-27-2001, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer

Mine does the EXACT same thing! I have to take the carb off and clean it very very good, It has to set in cleaner and take bath for an hour or so. I was told by my local polaris dealer after he charged me $75.00 to clean the carb, that this particular carb gums up quick and told me to use a fuel stabilizer when I was parking it and also to turn the fuel off and let it run out of gas. I now do this everytime I ride and I don't have any problems.

Old 07-27-2001, 11:17 PM
Trailblazer

what do you soak your carb in .i never turn the gas off ,so bet thats the problem.thanks alot ,ill remeber to do that from now on,hell mine wants a 180 to just look it over.thanks

Old 07-27-2001, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer

They make a carb cleaner that you can buy at parts store, I don't know the offical name of it, but they make a special cleaner that is already in a pourable form. I went to the local auto parts store and bought 4 cans of spray carb cleaner and sprayed it into a container that was large enough to hold the fluid and the carb. I tested my container first, because I used plastic and I didn't want to put 4 cans into the container and have it melt [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. I would think you could puncture the can and then pour it into the container, but I wouldn't recommend it as it might explode.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2001, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

thanks bruuuuce,where can you buy that stuff to stable the gas.do you have a trailblazer? what year?

Trending Topics

Old 07-27-2001, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

did you take the carb apart,at all like take the bolt out of the bottom or anything?

Old 07-28-2001, 12:00 AM
Trailblazer

I have a 1996 Trail Blazer and other than the carb acting stupid all I have ever had to replace is a chain and that was after a trip to a very sandy trail.

I use StayBil it is in a metal can and I bought mine at Autozone (Any autoparts store, should have it). Just look for a fuel additive that helps stablize fuel when storing over a period of time. It is a common product.

Old 07-28-2001, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

Of course you have to take the carb off which means you have to take the choke and the throttle slide out of the carb, then it just slips out of the rubber mounts.

I take the bowl off the bottom and gently put it in the container and let it soak. Take care not to damage the gasket or bend the float.

Quick Reply: TRAIL BALZER PROBLEM