Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Watch out!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2001, 02:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was riding the other night(1:00AM) and almost had a run in with a small Buck. Has anyone ever hit a deer with a quad? or dirtbike? So far the only things I have hit are a couple opposum, rabbit, and a beaver. The beaver,it was huge, felt like hitting a log. Whats the funniest thing you guys/gals have ran over?

Old 11-04-2001, 09:19 PM
Range Rover

I ran over a rattle snake and it flew right at the rider behind me. He screamed like a girl and cracked me up.
Also; while riding behind another guy; I didn't notice that he had spit up a piece of Teddy Bear cactus onto my seat. Needless to say; I sat down and wished I was wearing my cup! LOL!!!

Old 11-04-2001, 09:44 PM
Trailblazer

lets see here, I had a bird fly infront of me and hit my grill, chased some deer, and rabit, matter of fact I almost ran over a possum and rabit last night, the rabit slipt and nailed its head on a log, I knew he had a head ache, lol, I almost ran over some fish drivin through the shallow part of the river, I had a friend that hit a deer on his harley, he had a seperated shoulder and road rash, the bike was in great shape for what it went through. well thats my trail kill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2001, 10:47 PM
Trailblazer

I ran over a hornets nest on my scrambler back in the summer. One of them nailed me in the head before I realized what I had done. Needless to say, I scrambled myself out of there in a hurry! Also, I ran over an armadillo on my old 400 explorer 4x4 {before someone stole it}, It was like hitting a speedbump. that's been my run-in with nature so far.

Old 11-04-2001, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't hit anything yet but the odds are against me........

My 2 friends both hit a deer on the same trail about 100 yards from each other. Mid summer my one friend did about $500 worth to his '99 Sport, killed the deer and didn't get a scratch. About 2 months later another friend did about $600 worth to his '00 Sportsman, killed the deer, and recieved road rash.

I guess I'm next!?!

Old 11-04-2001, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Have to say that I have been lucky not to hit any animals yet.....Knock on wood.......Loved the stories though

Old 11-04-2001, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

The only thing Ive hit on my quad is a tree..OUCH!! but when i was about 13 I hit a dog on my little honda dirt bike. Broke my hand on that one. Would have broken my head if I hadnt been wearing my helmet.

Andy G

Old 11-05-2001, 12:49 AM
Range Rover

one of my students' parents got hit by a deer while on a quad a few years back and it almost killed him.

Old 11-05-2001, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know if I could ever remember all that I've ran over. Alot of little creatures. I came up over a knoll into a field, one day. I was going pretty fast. I came right into the middle of about 50-75 turkeys. I had one fly into the side of me and laid on the seat. Well sence I had my brakes locked up, it slid forward on the seat, up against my back. I was glad to have a couple of coats on. It eventually jumped off as I almost came to stop. I had another one just graze my head as it flew by.

On my way back home, I had to drive back through the same path. I stopped to giggle about what happened earlier. Ended up finding one I had ran over during the event. I didn't think I ran over one. The one I had on my seat, I watched it jump off and start running down into the woods.Turkey makes a good fall meal.

Never hit anything bigger than that. I've had a couple close calls with dear. I don't looked forward to the enevitable.

Old 11-05-2001, 09:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well I ran over my dogs head on Saturday afternoon. For some reason she doesn't like it when I get on and start it up. She barks and barks at it and bites at the tires. Well, she bit when I was going down the driveway and I felt the rear left side feel like it went over a big rock and when I looked, my dog was getting back on her feet and starting to give chase again. I always new she barked at them but that's the first time she bit it while it was moving, normally she runs. Glad to announce that she's okay though. She's a tough little Shar-Pei.

Quick Reply: Watch out!!