Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

RRRRRRR &%^*($# Polaris!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roofer, that is a nice buck. Being from WI myself, I know that is an above average deer. Lots of sausage there!!

Old 11-12-2001, 12:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Lurch,
you are one of the biggest defenders of Polaris ATVs.Lets not forget the TOPIC of this post relates to some problems folks have had with their POLARIS ATVs.ROOFER states in his opening post that he also is fed up with Polaris ATVs,should he also STOP posting about his problems?Only post about Polaris if you own a good one?

Just like Polaris worshipers can find nothing wrong with their ATVs and make sure they brag about it in the Forums,I too,will make sure the other side of the Polaris story is told.If you dont like it,dont read it!

Bill

Old 11-12-2001, 01:05 PM
Range Rover

MUDDY4LIFE,
Well stated. If I don't get my 700SP out of the shop soon and Lurch thinks you complain, look out! I don't like to complain either but I do believe in telling it the way it is. I do admire your courage to do so.

Old 11-12-2001, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

Nothing wrong with telling like it is. Heck, I did it when I bent the weak *** a-arm on my quad. But don't do it over and over and over.
Bill,
A quick search showed that of the first 10 of your posts I found, 7 of them were complaining about your machines. I just wish you had some other things to say every now and then, you know, maybe some fun things?
I understand you have had nothing but bad luck with Polaris. OK, that's fine. So it sounds like time for you to move and give another brand a try. I saw you mention the new Grizz660 a few times. Why don't you go buy one? Maybe you will start smiling again. Never know.

Old 11-12-2001, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

Lurch,

Practice what you preach, just as annoying as Bill seems to you and the rest of the Polaris love clan you are equally as guilty of defending Polaris at the other end of the spectrum. Bill, like myself has real world examples of what potential buyers can come to expect from this wonderful company.

I, like Bill will continue to educate others on the shortcomings(which are numerous), of the beloved Polaris line.

p.s. never could understand why another would suggest someone to sell his/her own quad - it's none of your business - you didn't buy it in the first place!

Old 11-12-2001, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

Roofer,
Dressed out 235-240?
Thats a HUGEDeer for any area
Congratulations

Old 11-12-2001, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

Roofer: Nice buck. I've seen a few of those while in the woods, but I've never had a good shot at one, and had to let them go by. What a gut wrenching feeling that is.

Sorry about your luck with your quads. I had my Polaris over two years, and besides tie rod ends, it was the most reliable machine I've ever owned.

Old 11-12-2001, 06:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Lurch,
I see that you took the time to see that 7 out of my first 10 posts were negative in referance to Polaris?Thats just not entirely the truth.The fact of the matter is,when I first starting posting in these Forums around late 1998 or early 1999 [ANDY B. probably remembers?]I was a HUGE Polaris fan.I had just bought my first 99 500cc Sportsman and bragged SO MUCH about it and its performance that some accused me of being a Polaris Rep.I thought that quad was the greatest thing since the introduction of the Bikini,and I let everyone know it to.After owning the thing for awhile,it let me down SO many times that I HAD TO stop defending Polaris in the name of TRUTH.I now own my second Polaris ATV and its about as bad as my 99 Sportsman.[GREAT engine though]

When someone ask about MY experiences with ANY ATV,their going to hear it like it is from me.Funny thing is?I NEVER ONCE heard ANY of you guys telling me to stop posting all the positives about Polaris in my earlier PRO Polaris days?In my earlier Polaris days,I had PLENTY of good things to say about their ATVs,now after owning 2 troubled ones for about 3 yrs,its also time to tell the OTHER side of the story.Polaris does indeed have ALOT of good features on their quads.Them FEATURES dont do a damn bit of good while the quad is ALLWAYS tied up in the shop for problems.

I respect YOUR opionion and OTHER Polaris riders opionions about having very few problems with their ATVs.You NEVER hear me telling ANY of you guys im tired of hearing all the GOOD things about your Polaris ATVs when all im having is problems?

The new 660 Grizz?
With X-mas right around the corner,im a little gun shy with the direction im pointing my cash at.I still have more than a yr of my extended warrenty left on my 00 Xplorer,and my Polaris mechanic takes real good care of me.[I just hate the DOWN time in the shop]I also have 2 brand new Kawi Lakota's.Im not in a HUGE hurry to buy one.I'd like to maybe look at the new AC I500 when it arrives to?

Bill

Old 11-12-2001, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Thanks for the compliments guys on the deer. I took the wheeler in for service today and they couldn't believe that I've been having so many problems. I'll have to see what they do for me. I'm hoping to get it back by Thursday for the third weekend of deer camp being that I need a wheeler to even get to our cabin.

<< Roofer,
Dressed out 235-240?
Thats a HUGEDeer for any area
Congratulations
>>

I agree it is a big deer anywhere. I was just pointing out how rare it was for me to get one where I hunt.

Old 11-12-2001, 07:25 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 Polaris s and i have a few problems now and then but i ride my quads hard and do the needed maintanance on them belts i go through one a year ussually when i get it wet or mud gets to it.Other problems are more of a pain in the butt yet i live with it.I tell people that ask me about getting into atv s what i think and i tell them a Polaris is like a Harley you have to love to work on them to make them perform to their potintal.I WOULDNT HAVE ANYTHING ELSE. Just my opinion but....................Brad 1996 425 magnum 4x4--------------1996 400 Sportsman-----------------2001 Breeze
(my boys)------------------------------1972 FLH (had since '87)

Quick Reply: RRRRRRR &%^*($# Polaris!