Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

It's Alive!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 09:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, what a rush!!
I was nervous about trading my 2000 Kodiak400 for a 2000 Xplorer 400 2stroker, but after some parts and a few mods, this thing is a Beast! We went riding this weekend after having some rain, and what a blast. I used to get bored on the Kodiak, but not on this Xplorer! Wheelies are at the throttle's command. I love running down a trail, and just wheeling the front wheels over the puddles. The fun of a sport quad, but, with racks & tote box & 4 wheel drive!!
Woo-Hoo! Come on next weekend!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2001, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hear ya, just think of that hot engine in a scrambler :-d

Old 11-26-2001, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like one bad*ss utility quad.

Old 11-27-2001, 12:55 AM
Trailblazer

Yo, how do you like your dynoport pipe? What jetting you use? I have alot of the same upgrades on my 99xplor400 but cant wheelie like you can, but I also have different tires so that probably why. Well heres my quad info

99xplor400
Warn 2000lb
Titan 589's
Air Box Mod
K&N Air
Dnyoport Pipe
Green Primary Spring

Old 11-27-2001, 04:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

If I may add some good advice here?Forget the DYNOPORT pipe/silencer.I was allready the owners Guinne Pig!He advertises that with his pipe,there is no re-jetting required.That is SO very true,but your gains are very little,especially,when compared to a REAL pipe and the 300 bucks you just burned up!

Anytime you pipe and DONT have to re-jet,the pipe is NOT worth the money you just spent.And his pipe also exceeded Michigan DB sound levels of 94db.I tried to send it back to Dynoport and the owner,Rich,was a real a$$.He said they had a no return policy.I contacted my credit card company and they did NOT pay this jerk.I'd shy as far away from Dynoport as possible.He does not sell performance,he sells PARTS,PERIOD!!

RcR racing has a nice pipe that requires re-jetting and will make your Xplorer ROCK!!!His # is 1618 644-3211 and Rick Ritter is a great guy to deal with.

Best of luck,
Bill

Old 11-27-2001, 07:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm not that impressed with it. The nickel plating peeled off in places (near the hanger bracket & at the end of the pipe). The pipe uses the stock head pipe, and I ordered the cheater silencer, that POS hung 1/2foot past the rear of the quad. I removed the silencer, shortened the tube, shortened the silencer core, and reassembled to tuck the whole thing in. And, it's still loud, oh well, got burnt again...
The winch on the front of your quad is heavy, along with the front rack. If you removed both, I bet the front wheels would start seeing more air. Plus, I've had my cylinder trail ported, forged piston, V-Force reed cage, PWK flatslide, etc.
And, you are right, the stock Dunlop tires are light compared to aftermarket tires, which is still less weight on the front.
I'm running 165mains in the PWK carb.
Good Luck,

<< Yo, how do you like your dynoport pipe? What jetting you use? I have alot of the same upgrades on my 99xplor400 but cant wheelie like you can, but I also have different tires so that probably why. Well heres my quad info

99xplor400
Warn 2000lb
Titan 589's
Air Box Mod
K&amp;N Air
Dnyoport Pipe
Green Primary Spring
>>

Old 11-27-2001, 07:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

AMEN to that!!
My buddy has a DynoPort pipe &amp; silencer on his Scrambler, and it was GREAT!!
But, it DID require rejetting and airbox mods!!
The pipe was the first mod I did to the Xplorer, but, I did rejet. It did help some, but not near as much as it did on my buddy's Scrambler. The expansion chamber on the Scrambler is huge compared to the Xplorer. They just cannot fit a larger expansion chamber under the bodywork that the Xplorer has.
At the time I ordered the pipe, my first call was to RcR. I ordered his airbox mod kit, and the woman told me they didn't have a pipe for the Xplorer, at least at the present time (back in Aug/Sept).
So, I then checked out AAEN &amp; HotCeet. Can't remember which one of them did have a pipe for the Xplorer, but, the silencer was made into the pipe, and had a fairly large ID, which made me figure it was going to be LOUD.
Then, I saw the DynoPort, with the &quot;Cheater&quot; silencer tip, and I figured this was the way to go. I knew I was going to loose a few HP for &quot;quiet&quot;, but, it was better than stock.
I wish I could afford to compare the other pipe now! (This project, along with my Turbo Bandit project, is putting me in the poor house!)
It ain't no racer, but it's fun enough for me!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

<< If I may add some good advice here?Forget the DYNOPORT pipe/silencer.I was allready the owners Guinne Pig!He advertises that with his pipe,there is no re-jetting required.That is SO very true,but your gains are very little,especially,when compared to a REAL pipe and the 300 bucks you just burned up!

Anytime you pipe and DONT have to re-jet,the pipe is NOT worth the money you just spent.And his pipe also exceeded Michigan DB sound levels of 94db.I tried to send it back to Dynoport and the owner,Rich,was a real a$$.He said they had a no return policy.I contacted my credit card company and they did NOT pay this jerk.I'd shy as far away from Dynoport as possible.He does not sell performance,he sells PARTS,PERIOD!!

RcR racing has a nice pipe that requires re-jetting and will make your Xplorer ROCK!!!His # is 1618 644-3211 and Rick Ritter is a great guy to deal with.

Best of luck,
Bill
>>

Old 11-27-2001, 07:51 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is why I have both A 2 stroke 4x4 and a 4 stroke.

Old 11-27-2001, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

Great pics Rusty... I love the wheelies. And good luck with your Polaris.

Old 11-30-2001, 09:59 AM
Trailblazer

Yo, Polaris2stroke I noticed u dont have your front racks on, and recently the top most part of the front rack on mine snapped in the corner(DONT ASK) and was wondering if u have yours still and want to sell it, let me know. Its the 1 inch piece on the main top that screw down to other part of the rack.

Quick Reply: It's Alive!!