Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Well i guess its HPD

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to let somebody else to my motor work but after asking about pipes and everybody telling me that the HPD race pipe cant be beat i guess there is no reason to go to two or three diff companys to get my work done so the Motor is off to HPD for Race port.

Now the questions people running this compo. what clutch settings are yall using I orderd the Violet Pirmary allready have the violet secondary and 58 gram weights. My question is what Weights should i run. I know every combo is diff just looking for a good starting point.

Also Sand riders need help on what paddles to run 8, 9, or 10?

Old 12-11-2001, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

I'm running the light blue primary, OE S55gm weights and the Violet secondary, 44/36 helix. As for your combo you need to talk with Darrell or Mike there inregards to your riding style and get their input. Most of their aggressive kits come with the Violet secondary. You should still have your oe S55gm weights, so I would suggest buying the light blue or gold primary and experiment. From there its all rider preference.

As for sand tires I run 20" 8P Hualers, but will be stepping up to 22" 8P's. With the race porting you could run 9P's, but 8P's are cheaper!

Old 12-11-2001, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

Im holding of on HPD talking to somebody else right now but i will prob go with the HPD pipe.

Old 12-11-2001, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

As a word of caution unless that "somebody else" is Rick Ritter your setting yourself up for a big dissapointment. Nothing can thouch a HPD race ported bike. Rick can and will get you close upon request, but doesnt make it a habit to push that radical of porting.

Trust me after porting my motor two times perviously, then going to the HPD race work I was totally amazed and wished I would'nt have paid for three port jobs to get where I am now.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to sell you anything you dont need, but if you want speed, go with HPD. Based on MY personal experience and observations I know what I would do.

Old 12-11-2001, 09:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider

People probably get sick of hearing HPD over, and over. There's a reason. Some of us have spent a lot of time and TONS of cash to get where we are performance wise. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND LISTEN TO OUR ADVICE. Sorry to say, if you don't you'll be sorry....and also passed up. Once again sorry to sound like such a commercial, but unless a shining new co. with some better ideas comes out. HPD for engine mods, and Hot Seat for the suspension mods. A fast Polaris rider is a happy Polaris rider, please trust us.

Good Luck,
Ken

Old 12-11-2001, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

Howdie,

I dont have any race work, but I do have the "Bad Boy" trail porting and I believe that Dennis Shotwell did an excellent job w/ my jugg. It pulls hard w/ my other mods. Just another option. I have'nt had motorwork done by anyone else, so I cant compose a good comparison like Ken or Jerry. I will say that other than Shotwell's porting, everything else is HPD..............

Did I say HPD?...............hpd.......

Erin

Old 12-11-2001, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

I know Dennis, and I'm sure he does good work. He's got a helluva fast TB250, but, ask him why he doesn't use his own porting on his 400?

Any porting is better than stock and "seat of the pants", "it feels faster" comparisons are extremely inaccurate and unverifiable. I used to run special RCR porting, and "thought" I was fast. Untill, I ran across my first HPD full race. I got thumped, bad! The ONLY difference between the two bikes...pipes and porting. I have spent the better part of the last six months making sure that it doesn't happen again. I am confident that with my current set up, it wont. NOS or not [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2001, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

AZ400,

Thats what I figured. I'm in no way nocking Shotwells work. It's great! I love and have loved it for a year now......but, when it comes time to bore up one size and a new piston, mine will be going to HPD to see if any touch-ups can be made to my trail porting.

I wish ole modquad would sell me his race jug for a couple of dollars......lol. Wonder how race porting will work w/ a trail pipe?........hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I'll see you fellas in the "other" forum.......

EC

Old 12-12-2001, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

The guy im talking with right now Is Ben he is on the Other forum to im there also the guy nobody reply's to just kidding anyway. Ben owns the stroked Polaris on the www.mottomuslla.com page. Found out MPracing did not build the bike though. And yes I do know how a HPD pipe pulls its great but im waiting on Bens dyno sheets from the talking we are doing he is putting out more power im not decide against HPD yet just researching other options.

Old 12-14-2001, 12:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am sorry I didn't get back to you my computer crashed and I just got it back on line . Dont know if I can E-mail yet. I will let the Chrome LRD pipe go for 180.00

Quick Reply: Well i guess its HPD