Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

outdoor life network?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2001, 04:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone here watch this atv show on sattelite????everytime i watch it //they are only riding kawasakis..the last 4 shows have been the same also.

Old 12-24-2001, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

You talking about the ATV show on the "Outdoor Channel"? "Outdoor Life Network" (OLN) is a seperate channel and does not have an ATV show if I remember right.

I have heard different opinions on the ATV show. Some like it, some do not. Currently I do not subscribe to the Outdoor channel on my satallite. I think I will be soon just for this show.

Old 12-24-2001, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

Have seen the show...And yeah it seems centered towards Kawi's. I still liked watching it though. I mean come on its a show about ATV's, just not that many shows out there for ATV's.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2001, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have OLN on the cable out here. Yesterday morning I tuned in at the credits for "ATV Outdoors" and all i saw was Kawi's. So I got on line to see when it would air agian and it wasn't on their program line up.(?) I would like to catch the whole show.

Old 12-24-2001, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

So does OLN have an ATV show as well as Outdoor Channel? That would be cool. I must be missing something. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2001, 02:38 AM
Range Rover

The Outdoor Life Network does have an ATV show however it consists of only one episode. It originally aired as an "Consumer Product Showcase" for Kawasaki ATV's. Now it is aired as an ATV show but its the same one everytime. The Outdoor Channel has "ATV Television" which will start new episodes with the new year. I believe they show 12 shows then repeat those followed by 12 new ones and then those are repeated. I'm not sure whether the new shows start on the week of the Dec.31 or Jan 7. however one of the new shows is going to be a comparison of all the "big bore" quads for what thats worth.

Old 12-25-2001, 07:45 AM
Pro Rider

I just resently canceled my Outdoor Channel. At first I really liked this show because it was about ATV's. I watched it as often as I could in the two years I've had it. Now I am just so sick of always watching them climb up and down rocks. I can see where that would be fun once or twice but I don't ever climb up mountains of rock where I ride, unless you mean gravel yards.

This show does talk alot about new machines and rides them together which is nice to see. I just found myself getting bored trying to watch the show anymore. Maybe if I didn't spend all day working with them it wouldn't be that bad. It also sucks though when you don't learn anything new by watching it. I see alot at work.

Old 12-26-2001, 12:28 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

They ride Kawasakis because Kawasaki sponsors the show. Neat show.

Old 12-26-2001, 01:03 PM
jim
Pro Rider

Yes both networks carry an ATV show. Since I personally dont think the utility shows are that exciting, I prefer the Outdoor Channels show instead since they show the sport/race bikes sometimes.

Old 12-31-2001, 01:16 AM
Trailblazer

I too have seen the show and I have some trouble with it. Lets just look at the intro, the "K's" in the snow. It seems to me that they are having a herd time making it through that little bit of snow. I do know if I was the producer of that show and my sponcer was "K" I would not show how much trouble that this machine has to go through such a little bit of snow. The show is just a ploy to try to sell "K".
I have put my Polaris through a lot more snow and never spun a wheel, but then again I ride a Polaris not a "K".[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: outdoor life network?????