Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Where can I find bottom end gaskets online?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 12:32 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen a website that sells them, but I can't remember where it was. But I'm needing gaskets for the engine case and water pump.

Old 02-26-2002, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

Hey man,

I assume that RCR sells them, but you would probably have to give him a call.......618-644-3211. You about got that thing back together? What's been going on?

Waylan

Old 02-26-2002, 11:10 PM
Range Rover

Not much going on here, got to get it together for Florida. When I took it completely apart to inspect the motor, I never put new gaskets in for the engine case, water pump, ect. I ordered a new cylinder, piston, wrist pin, reeds, chain, sprockets, heck you name it, I ordered it. It all should be in by Monday. I rolled it out the other day, and when I looked down inside the motor, their laid what I thought was water which scared me. But I took a dip, and it was fresh 10w30. So it's leaking thru the gaskets. I've got to get this thing running perfect. The only thing I need I haven't got yet is the tires, but since I've spent over $550 right now, and I'm not done yet, Gary is going to let me run his tires. Are you coming with us? Surly between the five of us, we could tear something up.

Old 02-27-2002, 01:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds like you have a totally new quad there!!

Ken

Old 02-27-2002, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

So,

Y'all are planning on taking the wheelers to Florida? I'm not sure if I can make it or not......I need to know the dates, and where y'all are going. It's going to be you, Matt, Gary, Austin? What about Eric? Has Gary got the DS650 yet? I figure not since I haven't gotten a phonecall telling me about it.

Waylan

Old 02-27-2002, 12:43 PM
Range Rover

We are going to Withlacoochie FL. (I think that's how you spell it) But we are going on March 16-25. And it is only me, Matt, Gary & Austin. Eric thinks he is going, but he don't even have a quad to ride. Plus we couldn't put up with him for a week anyway. But we are staying at Austin's uncle's house, which isn't to far from where we are riding. I just talked to Gary, and he said he will call you sometime after 9:00 central time today, and he can tell you more. I don't even know that much, I'm just loading up and going!

Old 02-27-2002, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Is Gary bringing the 300EX, or has he gotten something else, or is he planning on getting something else. I might would be able to get away for a couple or 3 days, preferably on one of the weekends, but I doubt I would be able to do the whole thing. I haven't sold my 300EX yet......I'm holding out for $2300. If it's not sold by then, I might bring it.

When you put yours back together, make sure it is jetted on the rich side. I don't know if you're going to be running stock pipe or not, but I would move the needle clip to the richest setting, along with using a main jet of 270 or higher. If it blubbers alot, then you know it is too rich, and you can readjust accordingly. If no blubbering, you might try to jet richer. One quick way to check main jet richness is to run at WOT and pull the choke lever to the half position. If it still doesn't blubber, you need to go up on the main jet. In cold weather, running WOT, choke in the half position, mine blubbers and runs about 5-6 mph slower. When I'm going to run for very long at WOT, I keep the choke on half way, just to make sure everything is rich enough to prevent a meltdown. You may already know all this, just trying to help.

Waylan

Old 02-27-2002, 02:26 PM
Range Rover

It's just Gary's and Austin's 300ex's, and Matt and my Polaris's. Thanks for the jetting advice. And everything is back to stock on it also. I will be running this thing rich for the smooth break-in period I'm going to do before I go. I just hope that this new cylinder is the cure for my problems. This also makes for the fourth piston. And hopefully the last for a while. Another thing I was going to ask on here for anyone is how do you align the pri & sec clutches correctly. I think I got it pretty good, but now I got to take the motor back off. T know there is a tool for it or something like that, but I'm about broke right now.

Old 02-27-2002, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

There is a $20 tool for it. I've got one, but that's no help to you. By the time I shipped it to you and all, you would be close to having one for the money. Wonder how many break-downs we'll have.

Waylan

Old 02-28-2002, 12:32 PM
Range Rover

I'm not planning on having any. But I know it's going to happen. A asked Matt to go riding with me next weekend and he said his is in perfect shape, and don't want to mess it up now. I told him it's better if it breaks now instead of being down there. But I believe everyone else will be fine except me and Gary. We always break something. And it's usually me first. But if you are going, bring that tool with you and I can just do it while I'm down there. I can get it good enough now, but I like to have it perfect if possible.

Quick Reply: Where can I find bottom end gaskets online?