Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What do I need to do for a 2002 TrailBlazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 12:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all. I have a 2002 TrailBlazer it maybe has 9 hrs on it. I want to be able to pop some wheelies if I want to but the TrailBlazer does not seem to want to do that, so what do I need to do in order to ride some wheelies if I want to? What do I need to change? I fix computers for a living so as far as mechanical skills go unfortunately I don't have a whole heck of a lot. Any simple modifications that I can do would be greatly appreciated. Now I know there is going to be people reading this that will say get rid of the TrailBlazer and by a honda or something else if I want to ride wheelies. Well to answer that question I do not want to get rid of the TrailBlazer I like it,I just want to make it better.

Thanks
Jason

Old 03-04-2002, 01:08 PM
Range Rover

You could get a aggresive clutch kit, and a do some things to lighten up that heavy front end(alum. wheels, ect.) If u get a pipe, make sure the power doesnt com ein o the higher rpm range

Old 03-04-2002, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

Put on an HPD or RcR pipe and clutch kit. If you don't want to spend that kind of money then get a new clutch spring that engages higher and it will launch off like a rocket. In one of my Blazers I just have a K&N airfilter and I have removed like 30 lbs and it wheelies while I'm going, not from a dead stop though. I tried this in the sand with my paddles and I just have to pull up a little and i can wheelie on flat sand.

Old 03-04-2002, 06:30 PM
Range Rover

My first quad was a 1999 Trail Blazer. I ended up with a Wiseco piston, clamp-on K&N, port and polish, 38mmTMX carb, HPD pipe and silencer, HPD clutch kit, and an oil injector block-off. It would pull wheelies like you wouldn't believe. I have a few friends with 300EXs, and I could beat them in a wheelie contest!! My MX 400 Sport

Old 03-04-2002, 06:33 PM
Trailblazer

first of all I want to thank all of you for the replies. Question about the clutch kits. Are they difficult to install ? Can a person with not much mechanical skills figure it out ? I have also read that if I install a new pipe then I will have to adjust the jets on my carb. Now this for sure I would have no idea how to do.

Thanks Jason

Old 03-05-2002, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

You do have to rejet the carb and put a clutch kit in if you get a pipe. The clutch stuff isn't too hard. I've never had to rejet, but I don't think it will be incredibly hard. If you call and talk to the company that you bought it from they will help you through it. Make sure that you DO NOT buy a non-polaris pipe, like FMF or DG, go for something like HPD, RCR, or HotSeat. Check out HPD at hpd-inc.com, RCR at rittercycle.com.

Old 03-06-2002, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

If you put in a new HPD clutch kit, HPD pipe, Uni-Filter, and jets, you would be amazed at the difference they make. All of thse mods are very easily done. The jetting part is the easiest. All of them come with complete, and easy to follow directions. The correct tools, and very little know how is all you need.