ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Polaris (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/)
-   -   How many carry a gun while riding? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/polaris/59146-how-many-carry-gun-while-riding.html)

Sportjet 03-10-2002 02:45 PM

Primarily for personal protection. Pistol, rifle, or otherwise.

I don't know about anyone else, but we've gotten into some real backwoods of KY thats like "Deliverance" territory. A friend I ride with carrys his S&W semi-auto. I have a permit but do not normally carry. What about you?

mich660griz 03-10-2002 03:39 PM

hey sport,
i live in michigan, and on some trails one might run into a bear or other wild animal. i even once came around a corner to see a dear in the middle of the trail giving birth. i sat there for bout 15 minutes,,, just 10 ft from the deer, until the baby was out and they both could get into the woods. i have also come up on a bear, bout 50 ft from the trails. well, i still fear the dreaded bear cub i may some day incounter witch will certinally lead to one pissed off mother bear. i tell you all this couse i am too licanced to carry a weapon at all times. i never consittered it till i got deeper into the trails and further north in michigan. i too have thought bout coming around a bend in the woods one day only to see some half crazed hunter who just knows i messed up his hole day, holding a 12 gauge! with that in mind, i DONT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!!!

my pics

ftwflh 03-10-2002 06:49 PM

I carry when i ride in the bottoms i have seen all sorts of wild life there.

Quadfather 03-10-2002 07:11 PM

After seeing all of the spelling errors in your reply, I have to wonder who read the carry permit registration papers to you?

Farmr123 03-10-2002 09:11 PM

I do sometimes when I head out into the wild wollies. We have coyote problems sometimes during calving, and I like to be ready. Also sometimes carry a .22 pistol for popping at the ground squirrels that dig up the kernels of corn along the edge of the field after planting. If you don't have a concealed carry permit (I don't) you can carry the gun in a holster (I prefer the kind that completely covers the pistol to protect it from the elements), attatched to the handlebars, using a RAM holster mount. Also, the RAM mount that stays permanently attatched to the bars, has all kinds of quick-tatch accessories for it, like a GPS holder, and the like.

okiedude 03-10-2002 09:19 PM

Cant stop laughing at Quadfather. It is funny to see in print what is going through your mind!!! I carry either 22mag pistol or Glock 45...........good one Quad!!!!!!

Crawdad 03-10-2002 10:03 PM

Sportjet it sounds like "Deliverance" territory must scare you a little bit.
Are you afraid some good ole boys would think you're cute? Just keep a plug of chaw in your mouth while riding that way they won't want to kiss ya. Lol.

boneylong 03-10-2002 10:15 PM

i also carry a glock model 21!!!!

ScramSlam 03-10-2002 10:49 PM

All I can say about deliverance country is..."boy you sho do have a purdy mouf" hehe...lol. I carry a Glock 9 when we ride at night. I look at it this way....what (or who) ever gets in front of me during the daytime is getting ran the F over...lol. Well except for that big pine tree I hit head on this weekend..lol

motorman 03-10-2002 11:12 PM

why be half safe! you never know when someone may want to own your quad with out paying for it.