Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Why buy American

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 06:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I post i read on another forum I thought I would share

Well I wish I could say I thought this up... But I cant...
Lay-offs in USA
Regarding job layoffs in the U.S.: Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6 a.m. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) and continued search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB. At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day, Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV(MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in.....AMERICA.....

Old 05-01-2002, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

Amen to that!
I try to buy American wherever possible.
Or at least if not, I check into those companies that help us a little.
Someone had a list of which companies helped out after the 9-11 attack, I have it somewhere...they get my first look.
After finding out Polaris donated the use of some Ranger utes, made me proud to own one. I believe A/C sent some ATVs down, too.
Now where did I put that list......

Farmr

Old 05-01-2002, 07:14 PM
Trailblazer

I am for buying america on some things, and I served my country, but you are foolish to think american made cars dont have parts in them mmade in other countries. Including your precious polaris. When I pulled the head off my polaris to have it milled, it was stamped "made in tiawan or china or japan" or whatever country it was, but it sure wasnt U.S.A. Im not disagreeing, only making a point. Things arent always what they seem.

Old 05-01-2002, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

Nothing wrong with buying a Honda either. As it's built in the good 'ole USA

Old 05-01-2002, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"PRECIOUS POLARIS".............whats up with that junk?

Old 05-01-2002, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

I own a Mfg company,let me tell you USA is sell there self out. If is just a mater of time when someone will import something that we make and shut me down on that product. This is going on all over the USA. MFG's are move to Mexico or closeing there doors. I just thank God that I have a nich, at this time. There is job of saleing thing make overseas, but not everyone is a salemen.

Old 05-01-2002, 08:19 PM
Trailblazer

amairican for life, i own gm cars/trucks,polaris sleds+atv's, and lastly why suport other countrys that are against us right now by buying there item's

Old 05-01-2002, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

Don't forget Polaris motors are made by FUJI (Made in Japan)!!! Polaris is not as American as they want you to believe. It's all marketing, becareful getting caught up in it.

Old 05-01-2002, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

I usually stay quiet in this forum unless I have a question, but I can't hold my silence on this one. I want any one of you to show me something made in America that is 100% that. It doesn't happen. You have to think about the economy on a Global scale. I work for a Japanese-American company that supplies Honda Of America. Another (Huge) Japanese-American company. The money I make there spends exactly like the money that you make wherever you may be employed. Get your head out of the sand and "think outside the box". This is a very big world we live in and no one county can "do it" on their own.
I ride a Polaris, wouldn't have it any other way. I drive a Ford truck, and own a Honda motorcycle. Again, wouldn't have it any other way. (Yes that means HONDA NOT Harley Davidson).
And remember as someone else stated earlier. Polaris engines are made by Fuji. They also make Subaru engines.
Just my opinion, not meaning to offend.

Old 05-02-2002, 09:04 AM
Pro Rider

As much as I like American things, you just can't buy a strictly "American made" product anymore. I had this same argument when I got my hair cut (fortuneately the lady I was arguing with WASN'T cutting my hair). Her and her husband own Harley-Davidsons. I was explaining to her that H-Ds have a great many Japanese made parts. The electronics, suspension and carburator are all Japanese. She said that at least they were assembled in the USA. I said so are a great many Hondas and other Japanese bikes, but that doesn't make them "American made" any more than the Harleys are. Chevies, Fords and Dodges all have Japanese parts in them if you look hard enough.

This "buy American, be American" stuff is a bunch of crap in todays multi-national corporate world.

Quick Reply: Why buy American