Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Muffler for SP700

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 03:43 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried the megaphone muffler fron AAEn performance yet? It's the reversion baffle type and aaen claims that it adds up to 5hp to the power curve. They recommend using it in conjunction with their clutch kit. I already have the clutch kit installed and it made a big difference. If anyone has tried the muffler or knows someone that has, please let me know. AAEN wants 145.00 for the muffler.

Old 05-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Nothing against AAEN, but Hot Seat and HPD both have new silencers out also....just for the sake of shopping around.

Ken

Old 05-30-2002, 05:16 PM
Range Rover

I'll look into the HPD. The mechanic at the dealership seems to be high on them over the aaen. Doe's hpd have a web site, and if so, doe's anyone know their web address?

Old 05-31-2002, 12:55 PM
Range Rover

i have aaen's muffler, clutch kit and 38mm flatside carb and this is an excellent combination. i have 28" vamps(which are probably the heaviest tires out their) and a 2500lb. winch hanging on the front of mine and i can still easily stand the machine on end if i want to. lots of low end. installation of exhaust was a breeze. i can't complain about any of aaen stuff.

Old 05-31-2002, 02:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Old 05-31-2002, 04:25 PM
Range Rover

weezer1
Thanks for the web address!
mngoat
Is aaen's muffler real loud? I'm seriously thinking about getting the muffler but I'm undecided on the 38mm flatside carb. How much did the already bad fuel mileage suffer with the 38mm carb? Going rideing for a couple days, I'll look for your reply when I get back. Thanks for the info.

Old 05-31-2002, 05:53 PM
Range Rover

It's not real loud but of course it's louder than stock. Havn't had anyone tell me it's loud. if you have ever heard the supertrapp exhaust on a 500 sportsman that has the real throaty growl, this doesn't have that deep growl. i would say on an overall noise level it's probably a 5or6 out of 10. with stock being a 3 or 4. As far as the carb, the gas milage goes from bad to worse but after tweaking and lots of jet and pilot changeing finally have a good combination that is close to giving me about the same gas milage as stock, even though stock is horrible for a four stroke.

Old 06-02-2002, 04:04 PM
Range Rover

MNGOAT
Thanks for the info. I think I'll go for the aaen muffler. I'd be happy if I could find someone to to set the stock carb right. After two different mechanics at the same dealership, working on it three different times, it fouled the plugs out again ( to the tune that it wouldn't idle ). 300 miles is tops for a set of plugs with this carb.

Old 06-04-2002, 11:06 AM
Trailblazer

I also looked at the aaen muffler, but went with the bert's dirt works muffler instead. It gives 7hp gain when used with a k&n filter, plus it's about 20 bucks cheaper. I also ordered the aaen shift kit, it seemed to be the better one on the market right now. These should be here in the next day or so... I'll let you know how things turn out. By the way, the mechanic at bert's told me not to mess with the carb or my gas mileage would really suck! He should know, by the looks of their sp700 on their website. It has everything, lift kit, fat tires, mounted cooler, stereo, etc... By the way, where did you get the front tube bumper?

Old 06-04-2002, 03:29 PM
Range Rover

My dealer has had both the front and rear tube bumpers in stock for probably well over a month now. I believe they were 69.99 each. Your dealer should have access to them through polaris.

Quick Reply: Muffler for SP700