Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2003 Scrambler 500 4X4 already here

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 12:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the Polaris dealer yesterday and they were just putting a Scrambler 500 4X4 High Output 2003 on the floor. Kinda purple. Tried to talk to the fellow in the back but he didn't seem to interested in talking. Either he is an underpaid and overworked or his boss doesn't like him to talk to potential customers, which is a shame in my books, makes me wonder if that same atitude went into putting the machine together. Sure did like it though,although I'm not to sure about the dealer. They keep telling me that I should get the extended warranty(5yr,extra 1000 bucks)Any thoughts on extended warranty will be appretiated.

Old 07-10-2002, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

If you are not mechanicaly inclined at all or do not know some one that is, get the warranty. If you are slightly mechanically inclined tell them to take a leap and spend $30 on a service manual.

Old 07-10-2002, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

To add to BUBASCRAMBLER comment it also depends on how you drive and take care of your machine. And how often you drive.

Old 07-10-2002, 02:44 PM
Trailblazer

Purple???? I hope it aint like the purple they had a couple of years ago. they were were pretty ugly in that color. Scramblers rule though.

Old 07-10-2002, 03:34 PM
Range Rover

Hey Buba and others thanks, yes I am fairly mechanicaly inclined(can't spell though) I liked your idea about the service manual. Checked out your pics too. You spend alot of time going in circles one way???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img](just kidding)Also you ever had trouble with you belt or shifting. I was reading in another thread and seems some people were having trouble shifting, not on the scrambler though at least I don't think.

Old 07-10-2002, 03:38 PM
Range Rover

Yea Shots it is kinda ugly. But if I ever get lost they'll be able to see me from the air or a long way off.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2002, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

$1000 seems way over priced.
I think I paid $6-700 for the 5 year extended with $0 deductable.
I also think its well worth it,
mine paid for itself in the first year.
New clutches,fan,tie-rods,ball-joints,belt cover,rear axle,and plastic's.
Thats probably over$1000
Even if you are mechanicaly inclined ,you would still have to buy the parts.
If you want the bike,get it.Then 6 months down the road get whatever warrenty you want.
I think you can go to polaris's web site and and check the price.

Old 07-10-2002, 04:17 PM
Range Rover

500DUSE, Hows it going man. You have to take the exchange rate into consideration. The canadian dollar isn't worth as much as the american dollar. Great for you guys when you come up to visit, not so good for us when we head south. It costs $1.60 canadian to buy $1.00US. Depending on the exchange rate of the day, it fluctuates quite a bit. The border is pretty slow these days also, but after 911 it's the price we have to pay.
Friendly little jab: Our snipers got more than yours.

Old 07-10-2002, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

I dident even think about the rate[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] ,duh
The rate you pay almost seems worth it just to get the riding you guys get up there

<< Friendly little jab: Our snipers got more than yours. >>

That was a cut wasent it??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
That's why we dropped a bomb on your a$$[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

was that a solid right hook ,or below the belt?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2002, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

100% agree with Scrmblerman, I do not get to ride mine very much so the warranty would be a waste for me. And Look into what it covers. I had a CV BOOT rip a MONTH after I owned it (NOT COVERED)

These bike are not all that hard to work on. The Items that go bad from normal wear and tear should be relitively easy to replace. I have had NO PROBLEMS with the shifting operation or clutching operation of my bikes (except for when I Installed the Rear Roller Clutch the wrong way) Live and Learn.

I believe the warranty would be great for MAJIOR repair. Basiccaly Internal Engine stuff were special tools are required.

These Items are all quick and easily replaced
Fan,tie-rods,ball-joints,belt cover(WHY),and plastic'(How he got a dealer to cover damage plastic is a mystery to me) and even the rear axle.. Warranty does not cover abuse.

Also note if Tie Rods, Ball Joints, Clutching, or Rear axle does get damages or wore it will give you the opertunity to put UPGRADED AFTERMARKET PARTS ON ,not the Factory unit witch wore out UNDER WARRANTY. Also I belive they will give you a hard time under warranty if you add any aftermarket mods.VOID VOID VOID
Just my 2 cents

OH and yes Ultimate sport ute, Ride dunes on the left and trails on the right side, Just need good balance to stay on two wheels LOL.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] cuts way down on tire swap time

Quick Reply: 2003 Scrambler 500 4X4 already here