Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

4 State Cross Country Utility Racing - Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were organize, for example, 6 races a year in different locations that vary from river bottoms like Fun Wheeler and assorted mud like Sabine River Rat's, to the mountain trails of Broken Bow, Oklahoma and Wolf Pen area to the extremely technical like Lake Greeson in Arkansas, who would want to participate? Keep in mind that this will be for Utility atvs only. While some of the courtse would be feasable on a Sport Quad, several will not be. And, some of the more technical stuff may be dangerous on a sport quad... to the rider and the quad itself.

These would be timed events with records being kept by volunteers. There would be a point system that would weigh each of the different races equally. The only fees would be those you pay to get into pay areas like FWP and Sabine River Rate place. These races would vary from 3 miles to 60 miles in lenght. No one skill or lack of would necessarily put anyone at a disadvantage. The terrain would vary so much that a good all round setup and rider my beat the best mudder or best trail rider.

If I get enough people who are interested, and old enough to actually compete, I will start to organize the events.

Who knows, we might even be able to obtain sponsorship in the form of a substantial prize to the points winner, or we might could collect entry fees with 100% payback to the participants.

Give me your thoughts and let me know if you would be interested.

Greg